Unlimited access >

Regretting ever buying boots from La Mundial

All I have to say is that it’s one thing to have a bad size sent to you because of bad measuring, but it’s a whole new ball game when they start using photoshop to edit your original receipt. Hearing that, I would never use this company.

Boots

I’ve had some issues with LA Mundial and my friend had a nightmare.

She ordered them, they came in incorrect. She could fit her hand in the calf with her leg.

She called LM and they had a rep remeasure. It was a different one said the old one did a poor job. Next rep measures and it is a mess again. They begin to ignore her.

Local tack store is getting ready to start carrying LM. She threatens to call the tack store and tell them about the customer service and anyone else in town who will listen to her about their customer service.

They finally send out the boots to her. She had patent leather trim. Boots did eventually fit off of the measure of rep #2. The measurements were correct, they just made the boots incorrectly. Within two months, patent leather trim looked horrible. She only wore them for shows after she broke them in. Patent leather was a cheap plastic type material and didn’t hold up.

Whole process took about a year. Local tack store had a lot of issues as well. I am about 99% they are not measuring for LM any longer.

It was a mess trying to get in touch with anyone in South America. Their office was unorganized. I think they actually “lost” the boots which were returned for a period of time. Taking a year to get things back is absurd.

It is a crap shoot with the custom boots from LM. If they fit the first time, seems like things are great. If they don’t fit the first time, you’re probably never going to get good fitting boots.

Mine were also under $700, my vogels were 1100 and 1300 respectively. I know a lot of their issues came when they moved factories, but the person who measured my boots is no longer there, again, sorry lure having issues, as when done rig and well they are a great affordable option.

A friend whose boots fit like they were measured for a completely different person got that pair fixed by adding tops (so she uses them for every day) and a new pair made that fit. She loves her boots. She has a very persistent husband who speaks fluent Spanish and is a cop. I think the story may have ended differently otherwise.

Ordered boots as Christmas present on Sept. 6, 2014 which haspd a promise date for the first week of December.

When that week passed and no boots were delivered, I called and was given a delivery date of January 20th. I said that was unacceptable and cancel the order. Was given a ton of excuses and told the owner would call me.

I week later the owner left a voicemail stating they had delays and apologized. I called back and told them to cancel my order. They stated they needed to owner to talk with me and he was at lunch, he would call me when back. Never got a call back. Had to call them back on Christmas Eve to ask where my refund was and she told me the boots shipped and gave me the tracking number. The boots shipped about a minute before I called them and are not being delivered until December 31st! Very poor company with no regard for their customers! Please do not buy from them as they do not belong serving our horse community!

Earlier this year there was a “split in the company”…whatever that means. For about 3 months their idea of “customer service” was the equivalent of radio silence. Their phones were shut off, Facebook page removed, and emails went unanswered. Eventually they sent me my boots and I have to say I was measured by a woman at WEF who I hear is the best and I do love them. They are exactly what I ordered and fit me great. It’s too bad their booth reps amazing customer service doesn’t carry over into the rest of the company.