Reputable Breeders versus Rescue

How is your mom doing with her pit/lab cross? I am still shaking my head over that one…stupid rescue group.

1 Like

The dog actually turned out okay. My mom is good at training. Still, I am disgusted by their tactics.

4 Likes

I was denied by a rescue years ago. They had a chocolate lab that was kept in a small pen, had heartworms and only had human contact once a day when someone went to feed it. I was denied because I live on a farm and might let it run loose (I stated we have a fenced yard were the dog would be let out to potty) also, we had a barn cat and the dog might chase it. We do not allow dogs in the barn at all due to my donkey…so it was a non issue. I adopted a lab a week later from a shelter. He came home to a new bed, Christmas stocking and new bowls. The dog at the “rescue” stayed in that pen from a year and a half…while the one we adopted lived a happy, loved life until he passed away from cancer.

I do not buy dogs but I am also done with rescues. I prefer to go to the shelter and pull myself. I do not have a problem with people who buy dogs from reputable breeders at all. I think most rescues have either become money makers or hoarders…

12 Likes

Same issues with rescues. Years ago we were looking to adopt a Springer Spaniel. We contacted every SS rescue we could find. No luck. Finally we went to a breeder to get our puppies. They lived to be 14 and 15 respectively. Long happy lives-well loved.

5 Likes