Rheumatoid Arthritis

I was putting the surgery off, basically. The doctor who did the injections told me that he did have patients whose wrist injections were curative (he saw them for other things afterwards), but for most people the injections work for a year or less.

Here’s a very good article about it: http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/news/20130903/steroid-shots-a-temporary-fix-for-carpal-tunnel-syndrome-study

Strangely, getting a Kindle for Christmas is what really escalated my symptoms in the first place. I was using it to scroll through the internet at night and the way I had to hold it really stressed my wrists. Getting an iPad and using a sort of ergonomic bean bean to hold it up really helped. Telling you this probably won’t help you though unless you’re doing some sort of new repetitive movement or hold that has made your symptoms worse.

Another poster (pdq) recommended B complex vitamins and said it helped her a lot. Studies show that B6 doesn’t really help, but perhaps a B complex does. Perhaps worth a try? Unfortunately I could not tolerate the B vitamins. They literally made my feel panicky, but that’s not typical I don’t think. The poster who recommended the vitamin B treatment took a B50 am and pm and 1 400 iu vitamin E too.

[QUOTE=grayarabpony;7357229]
I was putting the surgery off, basically. The doctor who did the injections told me that he did have patients whose wrist injections were curative (he saw them for other things afterwards), but for most people the injections work for a year or less.

Here’s a very good article about it: http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/news/20130903/steroid-shots-a-temporary-fix-for-carpal-tunnel-syndrome-study

Strangely, getting a Kindle for Christmas is what really escalated my symptoms in the first place. I was using it to scroll through the internet at night and the way I had to hold it really stressed my wrists. Getting an iPad and using a sort of ergonomic bean bean to hold it up really helped. Telling you this probably won’t help you though unless you’re doing some sort of new repetitive movement or hold that has made your symptoms worse.

Another poster (pdq) recommended B complex vitamins and said it helped her a lot. Studies show that B6 doesn’t really help, but perhaps a B complex does. Perhaps worth a try? Unfortunately I could not tolerate the B vitamins. They literally made my feel panicky, but that’s not typical I don’t think. The poster who recommended the vitamin B treatment took a B50 am and pm and 1 400 iu vitamin E too.[/QUOTE]

The iPhone is what made mine go nuts. I think all the micro-movements. Thanks for the info. I take a B complex already. I work in IT and I am constantly on computers so I may need to just suck it up and have surgery. We’ll see what the docs say.