Unlimited access >

Ridiculous Sales Ads

I’ll skip the details of this ad, but this horse apparently likes to jump everything, including out of the ring. Here he is jumping nothing… :crazy_face:

12 Likes

The photoshop in this ad :joy:

1 Like

At least he’s got a nice basqule over nothing? Lol

3 Likes

Maybe I’m dense, but what part of it is photoshopped?

2 Likes

I can’t be the only one that thinks - that horse needs its eyes checked - when they brag about it jumping absolutely nothing like that…

2 Likes

It is a little easier to see if you enlarge the page. Forelegs, they have been cut and reangled ( reset) , the left fore seems to be missing the right fore leg and shoulder have some very interesting contours and muscles. your can assume the left fore was dropped and uneven, if you assume the irregular backgrounds that show through under the fore

2 Likes

Ah, I see now. Thanks!

It is pretty obvious now that you’ve pointed it out. I’ll use the excuse that I’m over 40 and was looking at in on my phone. LOL.

1 Like

no worries Im over 60 and it took me some zoom in to see it, though I knew where to look due to the interesting bulk of the shoulder

I get frustrated seeing the ads on facebook for horses that I know (friends/friends of friends/fellow boarders, etc) but where the ad DOES NOT do the horse justice. You have a seriously nice horse that could have a good job and a good home somewhere, why did you feel the need to post (multiple) pictures of his fluffy tail, or zoom in on his eyeball, or play with instagram filters to make him shinier? Nobody serious has time to take a chance on an ad like that! now is not the time to get artsy!

10 Likes

That was very informative. I couldn’t see it either until you explained where to look. As if horse shopping isn’t scary enough. Now we have to worry that the initial photo that we found appealing was photoshopped.

Yup. Like the ads for boarding where they show a picture of a rainbow over the barn and pictures of the barn cats, dogs, chickens, goats, etc… No, I want to see what type of fencing you have. Give me a photo of the inside of a stall so I can see how you bed.

12 Likes

I was “window shopping” on zillow this morning and came across a house that had a photoshopped sky in the background. I knew it was photoshopped, because they re-used the background for another shot outside from a different angle. :roll_eyes: In any case, I don’t need 5 photoshopped pictures of the outside of the house - show me the inside!

1 Like

There was a horse property for sale recently where they described the horse facilities in loving detail but 53 of the 55 pics were of the house. Which was an absolute hack job of a soulless reno on a historic home. Ugh!! Show me the &$&*/&[(&^# barn, you nimrod realtor!!!

10 Likes

Ha! I’ve seen plenty of those too! Drives me crazy! Doesn’t everybody know that’s the important part?! :wink:

I also came across a “bring your horses along to this lovely fenced property” for a house on a .83 acre lot :joy:

7 Likes

Round here, we have the opposite. Property for sale in ‘Horse & Hound’ often has a picture of pasture and stables and nothing of the house.

2 Likes

Same here. 20pics of the brand new stall + the arena & pastures and only 4-5 from the actual house of which 2 were from outside. It’s true that I’m gonna basically live in the barn but yeah…

Photoshop in sales adds is just ridiculous. I’d like to see the horse as is, please.it should be the unwritten rule to which we all abide.

Saw a semi ridiculous add for a 3yo horse (stallion or gelding?), cross but no breeds mentioned, no bloodlines, no location, 1 pic only - his head looking away from the camera and a 2min video of him under saddle (the good part) for mid 5s…

Found another one that drives me nuts today. The ones that start with “DOBBIN IS FOR SALE THROUGH NO FAULT OF HIS OWN” What does that even mean?

6 Likes

“It’s not because I hate Dobbin / got bucked off, I swear.”

14 Likes

I’ll actually buy that one if the next sentence is that the owner is going off to college or similar. What I don’t buy is when a backyard buckaroo type trainer trots out the close cousin of this phrase, the " fabulous, fantastic horse. The best horse. The bigliest horse! I just have no time for him."

Uh, why not? You clearly have 11 billion other project horses floating around your farm. Why are you not dedicating time to this extraordinary piece of horse flesh?

10 Likes

Same tactics as a pyramid scheme!

“Wanna lose 15 kgs for summer? Looking for testers!”
“What is it?”
“PM’ed you!!!1111!!!”

2 Likes