Unlimited access >

Robot Camera Help!

I typically have “predictive follow” on when I use my Pivo but that’s because I usually have it around near the centre. If I’m trotting or cantering and behind a jump or something it doesn’t have a problem. It can ‘lose’ me if I’m walking but that also depends on if I’m walking towards or away from my phone/camera. It has also lost me when I was walking almost directly away from the camera and in front of my instructor but it does pick the horse back up again if you pass in front of it. My rides have recorded really well and with my current phone (Samsung Galaxy S20) it rarely loses me. A lot of the success of recording depends on the quality of your phone’s camera. Where I board my horse there’s no indoor so I can’t comment on how well it works indoor but from what others have posted on the Pivo horse community facebook group, the lighting can cause some issues.

Has anyone tried the Pivo in a metal indoor? Seems very promising for outside.

I have used it in a metal indoor with no major problems. It is tracking you visually so the material of your indoor doesn’t matter. The larger issue is lighting. On a very sunny day, the camera has issues with contrast as you go past a door/window. If your indoor is not well lit, it may have some trouble tracking you, especially if you’re on a dark horse. I try to remember to use a white saddle pad.

1 Like

Thank you! Just got new LED lights in the indoor and you could practically do surgery it’s so bright. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, worked great. Better in the middle of the arena as that kept the distance between the camera & horse more consistent, & also the lighting was more consistent. From the end of the arena it had to do lots of zooming in & out & changing from light to dark.

2 Likes

That’s very helpful. Thanks!

1 Like