Unlimited access >

Royal Winter Fair

I will be there showing 2 of my ponies. One in the welsh driving (on the second friday night and saturday matinee) and then on the final sunday for Sport Pony. Would love to meet up with anyone from here! We move in on Thurs 10th and stay until the 13th. We tend to do a fairly large set up but get moved around all the time so I’m not sure where we will be in the Horse Palace.

1 Like

My family has some of their homebreds in the Hunter ponies as well, but I’ll watch it online :slight_smile:

Michael Jung is coming for the indoor eventing :smiley: Wonder who he will be riding!

2 Likes

OMG, if i knew that earlier, I might have bought a ticket for that evening.

he is welcome to borrow my novice/training level pony. I am sure he could successfully pilot her around the indoor eventing course. LOL

1 Like

Exciting news! I just saw someone post on one of our Ontario horse groups that they’re bringing their converted horse trailer that serves…DOLE WHIP! They should be in the main hall, centre aisle. One more thing added to my food list :drooling_face:

2 Likes

I have one he could definitely have fun on hahaha

I saw that post about the converted trailer but skimmed by it as it said dairy free ice cream. Do you remember which site it was posted on?

Yes, it was on Ontario Equestrian Connection (the original and also the second group) for sure. I almost skimmed past it too but then saw the Dole logo and realized that’s what it was.

For non-Canadians, what is Dole Whip?

Pretty pumped about the Dole Whip… had to google it initially but as a non-animal eater I’m excited to finally get something vegan at the Royal :wink:

(And no I’m not one of those insufferable vegans who think I should be catered to in every situation… I bring protein bars with me everywhere I go and have zero expectations. Just happy to be able to eat something fun at the Fair!)

1 Like

I think it’s actually a Disney thing? https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/homemade-disneyland-dole-whip/

I’m confused about this Dole Whip thing. The recipe Jealoushe posted doesn’t use ice cream, but other recipes I’ve seen do. I’ve never had it so I don’t know which is correct?

Thank you. I recently learned of Poutine in COTH.

2 Likes

We’ll likely be there on Saturday 12th!!! Hope we can manage to cross paths with anyone else there then!

1 Like

I am going on the 5th for the evening show. (and to shop during the day)

WHAT???!!! i am so excited!

1 Like

omg really hahaha of all the places to learn about Poutine! Big poutine fan here even though its not a fan of me lol

Heads up to anyone heading to the Royal from west of Toronto on Sunday November 6: there is no GO train service on the Lakeshore West line due to construction.

I guess I will get stuck driving in one day after all!

2 Likes

Definitely not a Canadian thing - it’s big at Disney and I think state fairs. It’s hard to find up here so reason to celebrate! I had it at the Calgary Stampede one year but that’s a bit far to travel to regularly lol!

Although, you should certainly come up here for poutine. It must be real cheese curds and gravy, not shredded cheese!

1 Like

@SolarFlare @Jealoushe We have Cheesy Chips as possibly the nearest equivalent. Certainly essential eating at shows.

1 Like