Unlimited access >

Saddle Recommendations

Depends on brand, but there are so many used CWDs on the market that you can get one for $2k these days.

I adore my CWD that I bought new, but agree with others that I would never buy a new one again (the cost, plus the customer services issues they have). But if I was shopping used with a $2k budget, and a CWD fit both me and my horse, that’s what I would look for personally.

1 Like

For mine, and believe me I have had every fancy saddle there is, hands down the best fit for my big-shouldered wbs has been newer model Stubben - The tree has “give” in the shoulders and they fit a lot of horses- but get wool flocked and have the fitter come out - I have 2 of the portos elite models - All the french saddles are built on the same trees and they bind the shoulders. The saddles are not as expensive as some other top choices and very comfortable. I have shown an 18.1 to a 16.1 horse in them. The smaller horse has an old wither injury and it works much better than the custom Antares that I bought with him

2 Likes

Update: I ended up trying an equipe which ended up fitting both him and me great, it has a 5.25 inch gullet for reference. I tried a hoop tree on him but I couldn’t get comfortable in it unfortunately. Now that that’s out of the way I have to find a breastplate that’ll fit him, which has been rough since he’s 17.1 and wears a 60 inch girth :upside_down_face: so if anyone has recommendations for that please let me know, most warmblood size ones don’t fit his shoulders

1 Like