Unlimited access >

SADDLESEAT RIDERS, question about barn ettiquette

I’m a saddleseat rider (AOT) and I share a barn with a SS trainer. He keeps it pretty private mostly to avoid random non-horse people from coming in and wandering around, petting the horses and potentially getting nipped/bit by the couple high strung ones. However, he does enjoy taking time to explain our discipline to other horse people and dispelling the misconceptions and false information that is so rampant. I’d think if you approach the SS trainer on your property with some genuine interest in learning about the discipline and breed she is working with she will probably be glad to show you around and answer questions. And if you can, take a lesson because it’s super fun! :smile:

1 Like

We sent those people over to Helen Crabtree’s barn … she had what seemed like a few hundred riders in her program. At the Kentucky State Fair …we had a horse going in after an equitation class of I think there were at least two hundred entered… normally we would prepare our horse as the class before entered the warm up … but it was over six hours later that our horse actually entered the ring. In the final of that equation class it was something like over 80% of the twenty were Crabtree riders

3 Likes