Unlimited access >

Seeking reviews of compact manure spreader with PTO drive

Thank you! It’s supposed to handle 50 bushels (62.5 cu ft) which I agree isn’t a lot. As he observes the next bigger size requires a more powerful, bigger tractor, which I too don’t have or wish to buy. Thanks again.

1 Like

We have the ABI 50 cu ft PTO spreader. We pull it with a JD 1025R. We spread 2-3 times a year. I can get three heaping buckets in the 50 cu ft. If I were to do it again I would have gotten the 85 cu ft. I figure I probably could get 4 buckets in it…fewer trips. I’m sure your 2330 can handle the 85 cu ft, unless you have some huge hills you would be spreading over.

So far no problems with the ABI. It’s sprayed out after every use, and greased regularly. Make sure you get the Fines Pan. Without it you just dump a lot on the ground, it doesn’t get flung out properly. It wasn’t until I saw another ABI in action, with the Fines Pan, I realized what I needed. I ended up ordering and installing it later.

FWIW, that second spreader(85 cu ft ground driven) was sitting in the center of an arena when the roof collapsed from snow. After we dug it out the only damage was a dent on the top side of the spreader, and the plastic wheel on the trailer jack crushed. The dent doesn’t affect spreading,and a new wheel was found on Amazon.

I just want to know why most of these companies makes you call for a price.