Unlimited access >

Severe separation anxiety (+ other issues?) Help!!

Yes, I’ve used other supplements. The Natural Horse ones worked much better In my situation than the others. However, I had a very reactive horse, so once I found something that worked well, I wasnt interested in continuing to try other products.

[QUOTE=Dreamwalker;8408936]
Yes, I’ve used other supplements. The Natural Horse ones worked much better In my situation than the others. However, I had a very reactive horse, so once I found something that worked well, I wasnt interested in continuing to try other products.[/QUOTE]

Did you use the mineral mix and the toxin binder? Were your horses on grass at the time? :slight_smile:

I always use the mineral mix. Our soils in NZ are depleted in many minerals and lack selenium entirely. Copper is another I’m very aware of.

Yes I used the toxin binder when horses were on grass. Graze ezy wasn’t manufacturered then.
My best results were when horse was entirely off grass and fed minerals, toxin binder and alleviate. As I said previously my horse was very reactive. Other horses on same property and at the same time had no where near the symptoms this particular horse had, feeding minerals and salt was sufficient.

My horse once had grass staggers from hay. It felt like a no win situation.

The only way for you to figure out was is happening with your horse in your environment is to try different things and see what works.

Unfortunately our grass is way too much for horses and has gotten worse as dairy promotes the use of aggressive grasses designed to promote maximum productivity. Look for the rankest paddock you can find, Something with rats tail and brown top. Avoid rye, fescue and clover if you can. Try not to supplement with Lucerne chaff or hage.

I’ve put him on the mineral mix and toxin binder at the moment. Haven’t taken him off grass yet as haven’t been able to find hay anywhere!

Where are you bobsyouruncle? Trademe has lots in my area. Or ask at your local feedstore - they usually sell it (at great expense, but very handy in a pinch)

I wouldn’t expect any supplements or taking him off grass entirely to completely solve you issues. Hopefully they will help a lot but I’d still expect some new-horse-testing-you-out shennanigans. Can you get help from someone? A local instructor?