Unlimited access >

Small homes and litter boxes

This is all up to what your cat “likes” in terms of litter preferences, but you could also try a paper litter. They have almost no dust. There are many brands out there, they’re little pellets made of recycled paper that soak everything up. Some cats only like clumping litter, but paper litter can be a great dust-free alternative if your cat will use it.

Following this with interest as I too have a teeny house with no room to put a litter box.

Right now I have it next to the toilet so that doesn’t leave a lot of room for either me to maneuver or the kitties. Better for them I guess. except for Pearl who has decided that she cannot and will not pee in the box - poo is fine. Thank god I have pee pads and a tarp and cardboard all to protect floors and walls.
This house is cute but not really set up for anyone who has pets.

Our bathroom has a separate shower and tub. When we had an indoor cat I put the litter box in the bathtub. Easy to sweep up spilled litter, out of sight ( curtain closed ) and it kept mess to a minimum. I just kept a plug in the drain so no litter got in there and an air freshener along the back edge of the tub.

We don’t do baths here and I think he liked the privacy.

4 Likes

Perfect timing for these. Love the wayfair suggestions and may get one or two of them. Thank you.