Unlimited access >

So tall!

People generally seem anti under 16 (excepting made small juniors) and anti over 17. Everyone wants that sweet spot of 16.2-16.3. Except me. Bring on the big!

1 Like

I used to be all about the shorties… 15.2 to 16hh. But, then I met the horse I currently ride who is 17.3 and I absolute love it. It is hard to switch back to the shorties now!

1 Like

I had a “giant warmblood” phase as a teenager that I’m glad I grew out of. Between the ages of 15-18 I only wanted to sit on something that was 17.1 or bigger for no good reason whatsoever. Eq fad? Sure. At one point I had a 17h Hano cross and eventually took on a 18.2h Selle Francais cross. Yes, he sticked 18.2.

Now I have a bad back and I can’t handle riding a lot of big guys anymore, at least not a lot of them and not regularly. The big, long horses and big/loose movers are just not a fun time for me as I always pay for it afterward. I am 100% content with my narrow-built 16h TB who is so comfortable to ride and so much easier to put together. Nothing against the big guys, I just can’t do it anymore.

1 Like