Unlimited access >

So, what did you think of the xc course?

I really liked the XC course. Those that were up to the challenge made it look super easy, while others had unfortunate run-outs or falls. There was no heart stoppingly bad or desperate riding, and no one badly injured. It is a championship event, not the Hunger Games.

I hope more XC designers follow CMP’s example and build more courses like that.

1 Like

I’m not sure anyone will answer this, but I have an odd question. What is the little colored thing on the helmet harness that some have? Some are red, some an aqua-type color. I think I only see it on eventers. Is it something to do with health info?

It’s a British Eventing (and Pony/Riding Club) hat tag! Demonstratres that the hat has been checked as being manufactured to the required standard. Doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s safe cos nobody’s checking if it’s damaged or how old it is…

Red was last season, aqua is this season. It doesn’t change every year, and prior to this year there were different standards (and different tags) for the different organisations.

Huh. Interesting. Thank you so much, brown pony!

btw, if anyone is interested, RIDE TV is showing the WEG dressage tonight at 6:00 central time, then a road to Tryon, sort of better late than never. RIDE has an alignment with the FEI, and they show quite a bit of sj, and dressage. They don’t show as much eventing, but they have shown the event rider masters for the last two years. The courses aren’t really bigger, it is just that the competition is so much tougher. They usually devote most of Monday afternoon and evening to FEI competitions.

I follow Anna freskgard on Instagram. Box qutie had to be put down in the end. Circulatory problems with a thrombus in the leg.