Unlimited access >

Some snow drifts may exceed 7 inches

yeah we were feeding a warm mash mix that the horses LOVED , each had their own blend of stuff with a little salt and electrolytes added. Heated water was kept in the stalls, all water buckets where placed on the floor packed in shredded straw… the only time we had a few buckets freeze was the night it went below zero…and no horse dumped their water or pooped in the buckets, so they got a reward of a cookie.

We keep a fairly close eye on the water consumption just something we have always done since our days of competitive trail Lakota drinks the most water of any horse I have ever had.

Just got done restocking the barn, 2.5 tons of teff hay, forty bags of compressed shredded straw (Socks is allergic to pine) and a few bags of feed as none of our horses get much grain. But we are set for a while so that will mean nothing will happen, which is OK

2 Likes

had to turn the fans on as it was 85F when we were stacking hay (well, I did touch a few bales, those 140# bales are just plain old heavy, but the deliverer guy was an ox, he threw those things like they were straw…he earned a nice cash tip plus refreshments

85 is way too hot! Yuck. Summer lasts too long anyway. I would not want to be in 85 degree weather in February.

the horses were looking for shade… just checked and it was a record high for the day

We were 78F, our record high for today is 82.
The wind was blowing 37 mph, a hot SW wind, why so hot.