Unlimited access >

Stolen kittens. New update: Mama cat might need a home

I’m in northern Florida.

We have two other people interested, but they want the same kitten! I’m getting the “I’ll pay more” stuff. I go by first come, first serve. It’s the only fair way. I hope the other person comes out anyway because kittens are kittens, dang it. They’re all cute.

1 Like

Well, that made it easier. The second person sounds like a hoarder. It’s hard to say exactly how I came to that suspicion. It’s just a vibe I pick from some people. They usually want one specific color of animal and won’t consider anything else or care about meeting the animal first. Adopt sight unseen. A companion for the next fifteen to twenty years. Weird.

It’s a good thing you found a home for the ginger. I’ve been lusting after an orange kitty.

1 Like

I’m not a hoarder, but I do love orange kitties!

3 Likes

My Cotton, the cat who climbs trees on command, was “white,” according to internet advertising. Just more proof not to believe everything you read on the internet. He and his brother were advertised in a kitten ad as white, and Cat Lady decided that since she didn’t have a white, that would be a nice addition to her color scheme. Cat Lady was not a hoarder. She had a bunch of cats but all fixed, flea prevention, cared for. Anyway, she did answer the ad for those two and pick them because they were “white.”

Cat Lady herself wasn’t able to get out physically, but I met the person in the parking lot of a Walmart. She pushed a little carrier reinforced with zip ties at me, said, “Hope she likes them,” and fled as if leaving a crime scene. I didn’t even have a chance to look in the carrier before she was gone. When I looked in, I sighed. But it wasn’t their fault that internet accuracy can’t be trusted. Cat Lady loved Cotton and Poly, even though they weren’t as advertised.

Picture of Cotton below. That isn’t and never was white. Poly looked nearly identical.

8 Likes

They have had the run of the place this morning. Their last morning as a full litter. Two go home and two stay, for now. They finally crashed after exploring every inch of the kitten proofed area.

12 Likes

Both owners had good vet references and seem like good families.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness! Little Sierra has an unusual coat color. I thought she had calico type markings, but no white, so she is actually a tortoiseshell, and she has tabby stripes. Her adopters pointed it out. Very cool!

Smoky (still available) is the same way but muted colors (grey). She has no white and is a tortoiseshell tabby (short haired). I’m updating her description. Maybe that will help her find a home.

8 Likes

Charming little monsters. They held me down against my will today, along with our elderly kitty.

17 Likes

Kittens are OHHHH so good at that!!! Our last batch of kittens (3) are now 2. I’m about ready for the next batch. Not sure the 2 older ones agree with me.

4 Likes

The color is called a Torbie. Tabby/tortoise shell mixed. I have one she is almost 21 and talks….constantly.

3 Likes

I think they’re really pretty, but hubby calls her the lizard kitten. He usually favors the animals he teases the most. Alas, these guys are just not meant for us. I’m making flyers for the local vet offices. Do people favor long haired kittens? Those two went first.

I’ve always been drawn to longer haired kittens when given a choice. So maybe others feel the same way.
Can we see pics of the two you still have? pretty please?

1 Like

Yes! More kitten pictures! Mine are all grown and while they are still adorable, I cannot resist cute kitten pictures!

Oh…!

They look so very heavy! :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t you know to never negotiate with terrorists? :wink:

2 Likes

Those pictures I posted yesterday are the ones that are still available. Spike is out cold on my lap right now, actually. I love how kittens sink when they fall asleep, lol

2 Likes

Oh dear. Hubby wanted to give the two remaining kittens upgraded names. He’s calling the brown tabby boy William and the torbie girl Dorothy, lol!

I’ll post more pictures later.

3 Likes

15 Likes

kitten fix --done!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :innocent:

1 Like