Unlimited access >

Summer of the bats

Thank you. I had my last shot yesterday. I was visiting Queens in NY, and SO & I were waiting for an Uber outside of our hotel. There were some stray cats hanging around, and one of them came walking right up to me while I was sitting on the bench. I did not get up in time and he pounced/attacked the back of my arm and drew blood. He looked sickly, so I didn’t take any chances. I should have gotten up sooner, but I didn’t want to make any sudden movements and did not expect a feral to move that fast towards me. They’re usually skittish/afraid of humans so it was very unexpected.

In good news it turns out the co-pays were being charged in error, so I should get something like $200 back. Apparently you are not supposed to charge co-pays for Rabies shots! :grinning: :raised_hands:

(sorry for derail, OP, but wanted to clarify it wasn’t bats :laughing: )

7 Likes

Wow that’s crazy! And it has some irony in it, considering we work with 1000lb animals and one of the most dangerous animal attacks you’ve had came from a 10lb cat in NY.

5 Likes

It’s cause it was a junkyard cat! It is super ironic, considering I am involved in TNR programs and trapping ferals a few times a year. I guess I am just glad if it had to happen to anyone it happened to me, because it won’t change my opinion of cats – I still love them even when they don’t love me. :laughing:

7 Likes

Same here! I love cats, no matter what. My sister and I have TNR so many of them. People wonder why we do this. They’re usually cat haters. The irony is amazing.

ETA: I have three big lazy lugs of my own, one of them a foster fail and one an adoptee from a Petco who went out three times without any luck. He’s the loviest boy. The third is a naughty Meezer boy.

6 Likes

ok, I’m always on the bats’ side, but this made me laugh really hard! :laughing: :smile:

2 Likes