Unlimited access >

Tall boots that last

[QUOTE=stopsnhops;8993915]
So right now it looks like the best option will be to find some older higher end boots, thanks everyone! I’d love to get custom Dehners or Der Daus, but that’ll have to be a post college treat. I could swing $600/$700 for new boots if it’ll save a few hundred in the long run, but custom is a little beyond me now. Hopefully someone else’s old ones will fit.

Does anyone have any experience with De Niro boots? Do they wear as well as Dehners, Der Daus or Petries?
[/QUOTE]

I thought I’d chime in here, as I have 2 pairs of DeNiros (black for showing and brown for everyday use). They are MUCH thicker/more durable leather then then “sock trend” of boots these days/ Both my pairs are immaculately made, and show no signs of wear. I have had my brown pair for 8 months and ride in them about 5 times a week and they look brand spanking new still- I foresee them lasting for many years. My black pair I’ve had longer, but only used for every day use for a few months before designating them as my show boots. They also are extremely well made and look like they will last forever.

Side note- both my pairs are semi custom and were ordered from European retailers. I do not know if the pre-made ones sold by SmartPak or the same quality.

I have seen these boots in person and they look indestructible.

http://marystack.com/ego7-aries-dress-boot-for-men-and-women/

Bristol Bay… I just ordered some Ego7 boots today (ones with laces though) and while tight they’re so soft and everyone I know loves them! They fit like a glove and even customs couldn’t fit any better :slight_smile:

If they already have holes, contact Ariat and see if you can get a refund or replacement. If you still want a different type, you can then sell your replacement pair to help offset the price of your upgrade :). I had a pair of their paddock boots go out on me in less than 6 months one time, and I don’t even think I paid for shipping. My others lasted quite a while longer. If the 800 # isn’t easy, send their page a private message on Facebook.

I just got a new pair of Heritage tall boots for showing, my previous Challenge tall boots are now 14 years old and still polish up very well.

You know that Walton’s keeps your measurements on file right? All you need to do is call them - or I can of course - and they’ll make you another pair!

(Call me an enabler!)

OHHHHHH!!! Thanks!

The older Ariats were great. I have some I got when I was 12 that I can still use, though they are way too short now. I even have some newer Crowne Pros that are basically new but I switched to zipper boots for the ease of it. Still, if you want boots that really last, nice leather pull ons are really indestructible. anything with zippers will need them replaced eventually.

I was in a bind about 5 years ago and needed a new pair of boots. I am tough to fit - tall and thin - and I found these:

https://www.picovs.ca/product/treadstone-tuscany-field-boot/

on a wicked sale. Bought them and figured if they even last 1 year, I’ll have gotten good use out of them. 5 years later and they’re still going strong. They show a little wear and in perfect world I would be on the lookout for a new boot for showing. In the real world, 10 minutes with some boot polish and these are in perfectly acceptable shape for the show ring.