Unlimited access >

The $700 Pony is Diagnosed with Social Anxiety (Chapter 3, as it were)

Oh, I really needed that today! Thanks! You are too funny, and truly have a gift with the pen and paper!

But you must now get ON that pony! Good luck, and keep us informed!

CLB15 - please feel to print and share. I am most delighted that people are enjoying the $700 Pony.

As for Flora Lea, well, I can dream, can’t I???
HOPE to see everyone there!

Sadness gone!

We are being sued by one of our neighbors (LOOOONNNGGGGG story). As I am not the type of person who could ever imagine being involved on either side of a lawsuit (other than perhaps the time my horse single hoofedly tried to demolish an SUV, I was a little worried then), it was a bit of a shock. So I was sad.

But I have replaced my rose colored glasses and chalked it up to another life experience. HEY, EVERYONE should get sued at LEAST ONCE - how the heck are we going to keep all the lawyers employed???

The $700 Pony is coming along. I would guess I will do another update after Christmas.

Thanks again for all of the kind words!

My, my. I am looking forward to the next installment, which is surely titled “Wherein it is Uncovered that the $700 Pony’s Social Anxiety is Cured With Her Owner’s”, LOL! Very clever, and well done.

Ok RR… I’ll make a deal with you. I’ll come up and canter $700 Pony for you if you START ON A BOOK for all of us. For an extra chapter, I’ll even start him/her over some jumps…

Perhaps this will cheer you up… ours was a free pony until it kicked the puppy and broke her femur ($3,000 for surgery) then was bitten on the nose by a rattlesnake ($3,000 for emergency tracheotomy and hospitalization). I love him to pieces and wouldn’t trade him for the world.
Keep up the great writing. Getting sued is inititally shocking and upsetting and then you get on with it. I sold a guy a horse once and he ended up sueing me for over $400,000. He was a jerk. It happens.

I LOVE these stories!!! I also think you should write a book (or series of books) particularly aimed at children. I know there are several gifted artists on this site - where are you??? You guys need to get together and write/illustrate The $700 Pony chronicles. Too funny.

Erin

If anyone on this list does not deserve a sad night, it is you. Your stories have brightened up many a day for me, and I always look for more on the wonderful life of the very lucky- albeit xanax-needing pony.

However, if I were being run at by a pack of 2 yo’s with cider and graham crackers, I might lose it. So, you (at least in my mind) have a pony that appears well grounded…chickens and all.

Now that barn might do me in if I were a horse… went christmas shopping yesterday at Victorias secret covered in hay, slobbered on, with muddy, MI paddock boots on. I was helped rather quickly, much to my 11 yo boys delight… Never thought too much about it. Oh well…

Hoping today is better for you, Reynard Ridge… from the cold cold state on MI.

Oh RR, can we PLEASE see some pics of the FSF? Please???

Oh. My. God. I am not supposed to laugh so hard, it isn’t good for the old ruptured disc! I think I’ve set myself back a few weeks in therapy!

RR you have THE GIFT. I was bouncing up and down with glee when I saw the new installment.

I have had the FSF Reaction me ownself … disgusting isn’t it? My '73 Ranch (with original shag) is a hovel compared with the FSF we just left!

Just whisper in her ear, “you are lovable and capable” “inner beauty is what matters” and maybe she’ll feel better about herself.

I hate Jack Russells. Horrible, nasty little critters. Corgis… well… I have one, and despise him at times as well, if it makes you feel better.

Write again soon! We all need some cheer at this time of year.

I love the adventures of the $700 Pony.

My horse also recently moved to a FSF.
He deals with his feelings and insecurities by rolling in the mud and threatening to rub it off on the million dollar dressage horses…who shy away in terror.
It isn’t making him any friends, but he seems to enjoy it.

Hee hee…

Looking forward to the next installment. And if makes the $700 pony feel better, chickens do nothing to help the self-esteem or confidence of my 17h TB, either.

Can someone link to the other installments? I found the one about going to the vet, but there is apparently a third one as well?

Ahh… you are right up there with Cooky McClung… please don’t stop.