Unlimited access >

The Thoroughbred Company - Beware!

“You can purchase a high end priced horse for a third of the cost here with us.”

Please note, horses are not high-end, they are just priced as such. But order them sight unseen and we’ll take a third off the high-end price, which isn’t listed publicly anyhow.

[QUOTE=eclipse;7238753]
yippeee…said while pulling out lawnchair, grabbing martini glass and pouring straight vodka and settling in for a wild ride! :D[/QUOTE]

this post made me LOL and I scared my granddaughter!!! :smiley:

I’m wondering if they have permission to use those Olympic athletes’ images and video in that video ad imbedded on the website.

I see Michael Phelps, the Nike logo, Yelena Isinbayeva, Pikeur, CitiBank, Rodrigo Pessoa, 2 female riders that I can’t make out, several jockeys, Alltech, Longines, NBC, John Deere, and a dressage rider, reiner, and driver that I can’t make out.

I wonder how they would feel if they knew they were associated via video on the website. Anyone want to send a letter/email to their PR departments?

[QUOTE=Appsolute;7238568]
Well - you CAN visit before ordering your “mail order” discount horse but:

“There nis a $50 fee for the inital appointmemt.”

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Whoa. I pay for the privilege of coming to see a horse you want to sell me??

Where do I send my check!?

Do people fall for this crap?

Calling meupatdoes, I do believe that is your gray horse flipped around and featured on that web site…

http://thethoroughbredcompany.com/#3016

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/meupatdoes/media/Alphy%20Four%20Seasons/Alphy.jpg.html

Hmmmm…

[QUOTE=dags;7238928]
Calling meupatdoes, I do believe that is your gray horse flipped around and featured on that web site…

http://thethoroughbredcompany.com/#3016

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/meupatdoes/media/Alphy%20Four%20Seasons/Alphy.jpg.html

Hmmmm…[/QUOTE]

I sent Meup a PM titled so she should want to open it up, hopefully she’ll do so soon. The turned up edge on the hunt coat is identical just in case the fact it’s a dead ringer escapes anybody, that’s her alright.

Continuing in the tradition of jaw dropping dumb moves, when lifting a photo for your advertising without credit/owner permission? Try not to pick one of a LAWYER.

I’m getting out the wine box on this one.

Certainly looks EXACTLY the same! Same white fence in the background, with the hoof at the exact same spot in relation to the post in the fence. Good job on spotting that DAGs!

[QUOTE=2bayboys;7238925]

Do people fall for this crap?[/QUOTE]

I wondered that too…then I saw the vetting page where you have to their vet and your vet if you want to get the horse vetted with a place to make an appointment and enter your credit card info. YIKES!

“Zappos for horses” :lol:

[QUOTE=Appsolute;7238968]
Certainly looks EXACTLY the same! Same white fence in the background, with the hoof at the exact same spot in relation to the post in the fence. Good job on spotting that DAGs![/QUOTE]

We marketed him for her many, many moons ago and I rarely forget a picture :slight_smile: Imagine my surprise to see it pop up there…

BTW, it’s screen capped.

Ha, right!!!
This is going to be delicious.

Lol, I called them and was like “Hi, I’m calling about your website?”
They were like, “Oh yes, how can I help you?”
“Well I have a question about the grey horse on the far left on your home page.”
“Um, is it up on the top?”
“Yep.”
“Oh, we actually don’t have that horse.”
“I know, because he’s mine.”

(I should note that I deliberately left it open for them to lie about having the horse or make some crap up, and they didn’t. So there’s that.)

She, as of 30 seconds ago, claimed she wasn’t home right now but would take the picture down quickly, blah di blah “the webdesigner” etc. She was nice. I told her I use the picture on my own business website and would not like to have it promoting someone else’s business, but as long as she takes it down no harm no foul.

So let’s see how fast it comes down.

BTW:
This situation is a tremendous plug for dags, who evidently remembered that picture (the whole 1/4 snippet of it) from when I sent it to her to use on her site to advertise that horse for a lease. This was already several years ago, but she evidently takes her commitment to monitor the ‘internet presence’ of her clients’ sale/lease horses (I have seen her step up to defend an old Burberry video as well) very seriously, and has a sharp eye and a good memory to boot.
Dags if you would like that for a testimonial on your site, feel free.

And thank you COTHers for the alert!

^^ Super kind meup, and I do keep a lurking eye about for these type of things. Would love to use your words, thank you!

Oh… and… kudos for being all nice & reasonable, do I have to re-cork my wine? :smiley:

[QUOTE=2bayboys;7238925]

Oh you don’t have to send a check. They make it easy where you can just send in all you cc information and use PayPal so it goes straight to their acct. Hahaha!

[QUOTE=2bayboys;7238925]

Oh you don’t have to send a check. They make it easy where you can just send in all you cc information and use PayPal so it goes straight to their acct. Hahaha!

I was going to ask if this was the same person who was using various, non-related photos of horses and riders that she has found on the Internet. Apparently, it is.

Somehow I can’t imagine PayPal will offer much buyer protection if you claim the horse isn’t exactly as ordered…

ahhhahahahahaha I can’t stop reading this train wreck of a website! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my favorite lines so far (that hasn’t already been quoted here): “These horses are of extreme blood lines…” That’s right: EXTREME!

[QUOTE=Carolinadreamin’;7239107]
I was going to ask if this was the same person who was using various, non-related photos of horses and riders that she has found on the Internet. Apparently, it is.[/QUOTE]

Tbh I’m kind of honored that my horse was selected for pilfering.

I mean, not honored enough to let them use my equine training product (the rider is not me and and she was trained by Gary Kunsman) to advertise their services, but still. I guess I’m not totally barn blind after all!

[QUOTE=2bayboys;7238925]

Sadly, yes, they do. I have some friends that got suckered into purchasing a mare from virginia sport horses by their new “trainer”, these two places sound eerily familiar. Luckily I was able to help them out of the crappy situation and everyone is happy now, but it is a shame places like these exist!

Well, she did take it down…so there’s that.

Regardless of the warning, I would never be able to being myself to do business with someone who can’t provide a professional looking website. It’s not that difficult now, and web designers aren’t hard to hire. Maybe they took off screaming at being approached by her…