Things that make you cringe...

[QUOTE=Bigblackdraft;7955222]
Gossipy, malicious people who don’t have anything better to do in the bad weather, but make up snark and spread it via voice, email and social media. Put some warm clothing on and go fool with your horse, instead of making yourself look like a fool.[/QUOTE]

Pot meet kettle.

Pictures posted of riders on those poor horses with too much hardware in their mouths (which are gaping open) and broken at the third. <<<CRINGE>>>

[QUOTE=gaitedincali;7953754]
They do that on purpose to slow the horse down even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEO-19PWilE
http://gohorseshow.com/article.cfm?page=4&articleID=37778[/QUOTE]

This was not during an actual class. This was while the “trainer” was warming the horse up for the girls.

ETA: it’s one thing to ask your horse to lope crooked (even though it looks terrible); it’s quite another to literally rake your spur rowell from as far down as your leg can reach, all the way up to the bottom of the saddle flap (English) while pressing into his sides. That was my issue with the loping crooked thing.

[QUOTE=gaitedincali;7954820]
Cat hairs = extra long random sticky-outie hairs you find sometimes, especially after a bodyclip.[/QUOTE]

I have never even heard of this phrase! Althought he’s never been body clipped so still stumped. Learn something new everyday…

I couple other people were helpful in commenting that their horse also get these random white hairs. And their horses were neither wormy, or had cushings. Most people I’ve shown in person have found it to be really odd. I plucked them out last spring, much to my horse’s dismay. I tried to clip them or cut them but that did not go well.

Maybe I’m just being OCD and should get over it :lol:

[QUOTE=lachelle;7956335]
I have never even heard of this phrase! Althought he’s never been body clipped so still stumped. Learn something new everyday…

I couple other people were helpful in commenting that their horse also get these random white hairs. And their horses were neither wormy, or had cushings. Most people I’ve shown in person have found it to be really odd. I plucked them out last spring, much to my horse’s dismay. I tried to clip them or cut them but that did not go well.

Maybe I’m just being OCD and should get over it :lol:[/QUOTE]

Just don’t ever buy an Appaloosa. I find my horse’s color pattern changes year by year by year. I hope I don’t end up with a white horse with a few chestnut hairs…

More OTTB Connect from today. ‘How can my horse’s papers say his birthdate is, for example, January 5, when everyone knows that all thoroughbreds have their birthdays on January 1?’ Really, people? And, they have been up to the ‘any horse that comes off the track is a RESCUE’ kick again. Grrrrrrrr.

I really should just not look, but some of the posts and comments are so out there, that I just can’t stop myself. ;

[QUOTE=mht;7956552]
More OTTB Connect from today. ‘How can my horse’s papers say his birthdate is, for example, January 5, when everyone knows that all thoroughbreds have their birthdays on January 1?’ Really, people? And, they have been up to the ‘any horse that comes off the track is a RESCUE’ kick again. Grrrrrrrr.

I really should just not look, but some of the posts and comments are so out there, that I just can’t stop myself. ;[/QUOTE]

The birth date thing is almost scary. Please please tell me whoever posted that questions was no older than twelve.

[QUOTE=mht;7956552]

I really should just not look, but some of the posts and comments are so out there, that I just can’t stop myself. ;[/QUOTE]

Haha I saw that one today and cracked up, I hope that was a little kid posting and not an adult. At least it wasn’t the usual “my horse is skinny because I’m not feeding it properly so what should I feed it?”

[QUOTE=Sandy M;7956513]
Just don’t ever buy an Appaloosa. I find my horse’s color pattern changes year by year by year. I hope I don’t end up with a white horse with a few chestnut hairs…[/QUOTE]

I can sympathize. I have a blue roan.

“Is that the horse you’ve always had?”
“Yes”
“Are you sure? He looks different…”
“Yes I’m sure…”

[QUOTE=lachelle;7956335]

Maybe I’m just being OCD and should get over it :lol:[/QUOTE]
i saw that post, and honestly, some of the responses were not so far off. any time there are white hairs and the horse is not a rabicano or other color-modifying color, i think it is safe to look into a lack of nutrition being culprit.

there are several good articles online about dermatopathies, it would be a good place to start for your horse. we had a horse at the barn who had a copper insufficiency who started sprouting the white hairs.

Leaving the halter attached to a cross tie!

Horse people who see everything as black and white- ie every horse has to have shoes, every horse has to be barefoot, every horse needs a blanket, no horse needs a blanket. Grrr that drives me crazy

Horse on cross ties - fellow boarder comes marching along, horse in tow - hardly pauses long enough to let you release a cross tie and move your horse over. Really? Were you actually thinking about just slipping under . . . makes me CRAZY.

People who flip out every time they see a horse asleep lying down–because EVERYONE KNOWS they always sleep STANDING UP! :lol:

One accused me of “why aren’t you helping that poor mare who’s giving birth?”

Um . . . because he’s a GELDING!!! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Lady Eboshi;7958596]
People who flip out every time they see a horse asleep lying down–because EVERYONE KNOWS they always sleep STANDING UP! :lol:

One accused me of “why aren’t you helping that poor mare who’s giving birth?”

Um . . . because he’s a GELDING!!! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

yes!! on that note - i had a boarder (who really MEANT well but didn’t know that much) once tell me she was positive dobbin was colicking… dobbin does this thing where he naps everyday at 10 AM, and SNORES. really loudly. he was doing his thing, asleep at 10:03 in the sun, snozzing away, and boarder comes to find me in the barn all worried… i ended up waking him up to take a temperature to placate her because she just didn’t believe some horses go down to nap, every day at the same time.

[QUOTE=gaitedincali;7953754]
They do that on purpose to slow the horse down even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEO-19PWilE
http://gohorseshow.com/article.cfm?page=4&articleID=37778[/QUOTE]

This is illegal to do now, and not something you will readily see in more recent shows.

There is a post on OTTB connect that has a woman asking how to do a reverse lookup to get tattoo number of her horse because his papers are with the trainer and calls aren’t being returned.

Went on there to comment and say his tattoo should be on his Coggins papers…found out from the responses that the horse is with her…she guesses she might just go out there and try to read it. Shake my head. You think?