Unlimited access >

Ticks!

This is such a great idea, I had thought of it but never knew anyone who had actually tried it in real life! I’ve been using a topical, but it hasn’t been super effective.

After reading this thread, I ordered a bottle of cedar-cide and let me tell you…it works! I went on a trail ride that normally would result in at least 20 minutes of de-ticking after and I only found 1! And he was hiding under her bell boot where the spray did not reach! I do think it might tingle their skin a little-i saw some leg lifting etc after I misted it on, but I am definitely pleased so far. I also mist the bottom of the tail and I did comb a bit in the longer maned fellows.
I am also very interested in the flea collar idea-these 2 products together just might be the ticket for a tick free life!

Where do you live?

Southern NJ…in the middle of the Pine Barrens. We’ve had animals/friends locally come up positive for Lyme, Anaplasmosis, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever…and we have a neighbor with Alpha-Gal. Saw one newborn fawn the other morning - both eyes swollen shut from all the ticks (wasn’t able to get a hold of it for the wildlife people). It’s bad here…but we’re pretty much used to it.

Holy cow. I don’t know how you deal with it. That’s a hard no for me.

Glad you find it effective! I love that stuff and wind up smelling of cedar all summer. Went wading through elbow deep weeds yesterday collecting berries and no ticks! Practically a miracle :joy: