Unlimited access >

Tips and tricks for field board?

Shoo Fly boots worked great for my field boarded pony who lives in mud. However, they developed a bend near the top which caused the stiff portion to turn in, giving my horse sores that wouldn’t heal. He now has one thick scabby spot on one leg just below his knee. I don’t think I’ll be using them this summer, which is a shame.

I’ve also given up on fly sprays. He’d rather roll in dirt. I do use roll-on repellent to protect his ears and parts of his face. A fly mask will just be ripped off when playing.

I had issues with Shoo Fly Leggins rubbing if left on too long. My horse needs them off half the day and it’s a PITA.

I have a horse with scratches coming home shortly. I may try the Shoo Flys on him in turn out.

They stay on super though so no need to track them down in the paddock which is super lol

Me too!!! I use them and many at our barn use them (that’s how I learned about them). They are great to keep flies off the legs and pretty much always stay on my 24/7 turnout horse. They stay on for the other 24/7 turnout horses.