Unlimited access >

Tomato Legacy

Laurie, so sorry for your loss.
Hugs from the ranch, and may the tomatoes spread some happiness.

I was recently looking back at the other thread. My heifer with the hairy ears will have her third calf this spring, and her first baby was a heifer calf…who will have her first baby this spring…amazing how time goes by.

2 Likes

I just now saw your post from today on the breeding thread saying that your Dad had passed away on Christmas morning, so I came back to this thread to re-iterate that I hope that he knew his tomato seeds were well received. Hugs.

He did. Here is just the first round of seeds going out.

7 Likes

How many states are represented? I wish I could have done this with some melon seeds from far back but I lost them in a move. Take care

Not sure, would have to look after I get the next wave of shipments out

6 Likes

Shared my birthday. Hugs to you and yours.

1 Like

I went to the farmer’s market today in the town where my dad lived in the winter and found a family farm that grows their own produce. I gave them eight seedlings so hopefully they will be available for purchase in Stuart for years to come.

6 Likes

I started a FB group to share our progress and document how far my dad’s tomato legacy has spread. Feel free to join us whether I sent you seeds or not.

I don’t wander into this forum much so just saw this thread. I was sorry to read about the loss of your father.
That is so neat that his tomatoes are able to be spread so far. While I would love to ask for some seeds I know that I am not really organized enough to take advantage of them and they should go to somebody that will make good use of them.

1 Like

I am glad to see you are tracking your father’s legacy tomatoes across the country! Their red paths will bring you much joy I suspect. If you have any more seeds I would still love to have a few. Otherwise maybe next year.

I could send a few, PM your address

Just requested to join FB group :sunglasses:
I (& my Black Thumb) will be eager to track the progress of Dieter’s Seeds & their progeny :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

2Dogs, I just added you! Thanks for joining

We are home from Florida after the insanely monumental task of getting the tenants out and fixing the 15k worth of damage they did so we could get the duplex on the market.

My Legacy Tomatoes survived the trip home that included being lugged into a La Quinta somewhere in SC. They are in the process of taking over my dining room.

7 Likes

My seeds are sprouted and they should be ready for planting in the garden by Easter which is our rule of thumb for spring planting here. I can’t wait!

3 Likes

This sloppy mess marks the end of season one of Dieter’s Legacy tomatoes. Thanks to all of you it was a rousing success and for that I am very grateful. Let me know if you would like to be a part of season two and I will send seeds out to you by the end of the year.

6 Likes