Unlimited access >

Tractor Electric Problem

Since you don’t have the skill set to do more testing then that is a wise move. Since the tractor won’t start to be driven onto a trailer, even if you find one to borrow, probably having it winched onto a flat bed wrecker will be the way to get it to a service center.

To anyone else reading this who owns an equipment trailer, think about installing a winch on it before you find yourself with a dead tractor or UTV and no way to load it other than recruiting a dozen really strong friends,

2 Likes

Good advice. While there isn’t a winch on the tractor, I do own a heavy-duty winch.

One more question ( like Peter Falk on Columbo ). Is the 50 amp fuse that you replaced still OK, or did it blow a second time?

1 Like

Could a critter chewed the wire somewhere? That happens to mine a lot.

Still good. I suspect it’s the alternator and also guess if I left the key on, the fuse would blow again.

Random off-topic but every time I read 50-Amp Fuse, the song You Can’t Always Get What You Want goes thru my head. Thanks for the earworm! :smile:

1 Like

It turned out to be one very corroded battery cable. As long as it was in the shop, and it’s the dead of winter here, I had them go over the whole thing; fix a couple leaky seals, change all filters, and just give her a regular tune-up and twice-over.

Thanks for all your help!

3 Likes