Unlimited access >

TV2 - Andreas Helgstrand

What an absolute crock from him, pretending they have learned from the documentary and only since watching it realize how unethical and abusive their methods are. Not buying it for a second, not when there was a concerted effort to hide whip marks and draw reins from clients, and it was considered SOP to continue riding horses with open wounds and bleeding mouths. He’s only sorry there is undeniable video evidence now and nobody can pretend not to know it’s happening.

16 Likes

That’s a haunting image: crying adults and mute horses in a vortex of coercion. More will come out.

Source:

5 Likes

FEI Statement is out -

“…want to assure the equestrian community, our stakeholders and the public, that we are rigorously addressing this issue.”

Me too. I just can’t watch. Those poor horses. The pictures are enough to break my heart.

2 Likes

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/helgstrand-removed-from-danish-team-after-tv-expose/

So, how many other training barns have these problems in hunter/jumper, reining, cutting, barrel racing and of course, everyone’s favorite: gaited barns?

3 Likes

Too many. Do you have any other questions?

3 Likes

Since you are being snarky and act as if you know - who are they?

I don’t owe you a list.

1 Like