Unlimited access >

Ulcers (maybe) after the ulcers have been "cured"

I’ve bought from nuts.com and bulk foods.com among others, 1 or 5lb bags. Nuts.com is the easier website ever to deal with despite its weird name it sells high quality everything

Thank you for the links! Sorry for a million questions. One more…

Do you feed 1/4 cup of each 2x per day? Or a 1/2 cup of each 1x per day?

1 Like

I feed approx 1/4 cup twice a day. It’s probably slightly less than half a cup total. If all goes well I’ll back off that slowly and see how he goes. I know it’s quite a bit to start but I’m being super careful

1 Like

Hi @Bella

I was just checking back in to see how the pectin and lechitin are working out for you. I’m still considering going this route as well, vs a pricy pre made supplement.

So far so good. I’ve had him weaned off the misoprostil for about a month now and on the lecithin /pectin and he’s doing well and performing really well- fingers crossed! I will say I am also careful with his diet to minimize anything that might be inflammatory; he is on minimal grain from Hygain so no GMO’s, omega 3 oil and some alfalfa daily

1 Like

So, let me update here, took the horse back checked eyes they were fine. And at my insistence checked for Lymes and EPM and he had both. Treated for them both-the EPM was low totes but the vet thought I should treat. His spooking seems to have gone away
BUT he crow hopped under saddle, the vet prescribed back meds-I don’t think his back was actually sore, I think the saddle was poking him. The back meds made his ulcers flare up and he acted like a lunatic at a lesson-to the point where the instructor declined to get on. I did and he jumped like 12 feet forward so I got off. Have him ulcer meds and got another trainer to take him out on hound exercise and he was his usual self.
Y’all, what a summer. I have been off on vacation for a week and a half, if he’s good today and tomorrow I’m gonna try to take him cubbing. Cross everything for me!!! I did find a buddy for him who will arrive next week.
Regards,
Huntin’Fool

3 Likes