Unlimited access >

Update: Out of Surgery...Anyone have Cats that have Needed Teeth Removed?

I’ve realized I would gladly pay twice as much as I did ($500 to clean, and extract 1 tooth) just because Molly’s personality has changed in less than a week. Actually, it was immediate, from the moment she came home. You can tell she’s feeling great, and while I was pretty sure she wasn’t feeling so hot before, it was subtle. She’s probably been dealing with tooth/jaw pain for at least a couple years, but I could never get anything done about it due to a sick and dying dog, then needing to get another cat spayed, a vaccination boost to a couple others, an injury to yet another, etc. $500 made me think, “Jeez? That’s it?” Then I felt bad for not doing it sooner, though I’d thought it’d be at least $800, and with Molly’s teeth, I thought there’d be a slew of extractions (the only reason this one tooth was pulled, was because the gums were trying to grow over it. All her other teeth are fine).

It makes my heart happy to hear her cheerleading during supper preparations again (I thought she’d stopped because our newer kitten would bully Molly if she put any attention on herself). Now she’s into everything, hanging out with everyone again, being the Molly I remember from 5-6 years ago. She’s also been battling a sore that popped up on her belly a year or so ago, but which the vet couldn’t find any cause for. After ruling out allergies and mites and the like, I think it’s quite possible that it’s a stress thing. When she gets upset, she bends down and starts furiously licking that spot, which is scabby and sometimes oozes. Time will tell what happens. Yeah, Molly has been our problem child almost since the day we got her (digestion issues which we finally found a solution for 6 years later). She’s finally on an upward spiral!

I’m just so thrilled my “Big Mama” is feeling good, after so long with feelings of pity and worry.