Unlimited access >

UPDATED AGAIN! Asphalt Millings

I have been so frustrated trying to get someone to actually come out here and build a dang pad. At one point I would have taken any sort of materials if they would just come do the work already!!!

Then lo and behold, across the street some young men built a pad for what will be a house one day. I blazed over there so fast and BOOM, new dirt work contractor. He got the clay pad done within just a few days, showed me a local driveway he was working on made from limestone screenings, had screenings dumped at my house the same day I said yes I want that, brought his trackhoe over and ripped up some trees and stumps that were unsightly and will be back today or tomorrow to finish rolling my screenings. All done at extremely reasonable rates! I’m not sure it’s the done thing, but I’ll be tipping this man.

Hallelujah.

12 Likes

That is how you find them! When I got my house built I got the guy who did the excavation and pad to do the preliminary work on my arena. The area was on a slope and he dug it out level and built up the lower areas with what he dug out on the higher areas. I think he charged me $1500 too. He already had the equipment there so this was easy for him. Plus he was my builder’s father and liked to play with his earth moving toys. I didn’t have enough money to finish the arena at the time but it sure cost me a lot less to finish it than starting from scratch.

1 Like

Yes! It seems it’s a lot easier to get work done once they are already there with the equipment

Hello! Bumping up this old thread as I’d asked for feedback on The Rubberman mats but am not getting any responses.

@Ponycatraz am going to PM you.