Unlimited access >

USET Finals West - First Two Phases; now updated with final results

[QUOTE=dp1092;8322989]
So I can’t help but notice that Lalonde’s barn name is Frenchie. Which was the same barn name as Tori Colvin’s old jumper, Monsuier De Reverdy. They also look exactly the same. Is Monsuier De Reverdy now Lalonde? Congrats to the winner![/QUOTE]

Different horses - Lalonde has been around for years with Alexis Graves, he won the California regionals two or three years ago.

[QUOTE=iEquitate;8323007]
Different horses - Lalonde has been around for years with Alexis Graves, he won the California regionals two or three years ago.[/QUOTE]
In 2012. More interestingly, when I looked up his record I saw that Lucy Davis rode him in the USET Finals in 2010, the first show for which he appears to have a USEF record. That was a year I watched all three phases and I remember that he was pretty green acting in the flat phase. That was the year of the infamous raised cavaletti as the first portion of the gymnastic phase. They were set right up against the wall in the Equidome, going away from the in-gate. That got a lot of horses and, IIRC, Lalonde was uncooperative and stopped there.

Lalonde was imported from France in 2010. He is owned by Alexis Graves. Lucy Davis did do the USET finals on him just two weeks after he arrived in country. He had never done an equitation course.
Alexis Graves taught him the equitation and went on to win consistently in the Eq arena.
This is a much deserved win for a horse that contentiously gives his all, and has a huge heart. Congrats to All involved.

[QUOTE=45a6ea55;8323089]

This is a much deserved win for a horse that contentiously gives his all, and has a huge heart. Congrats to All involved.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean “consistently?” At least I hope so! I own one of those that does contentiously give his all, every time! :smiley:

[QUOTE=45a6ea55;8323089]
Lalonde was imported from France in 2010. He is owned by Alexis Graves. Lucy Davis did do the USET finals on him just two weeks after he arrived in country. He had never done an equitation course.
Alexis Graves taught him the equitation and went on to win consistently in the Eq arena.
This is a much deserved win for a horse that contentiously gives his all, and has a huge heart. Congrats to All involved.[/QUOTE]I figured he was green, at least with respect to group flatwork, in 2010 based on watching the flat. Maybe uncooperative wasn’t the best word and I just should have used green (or overwhelmed) again. They probably didn’t realize how green he was going to be. Besides, lots of seasoned horses didn’t respond well to those raised cavaletti. And it clearly didn’t traumatize him for life as he developed into a lovely eq horse. Or Lucy, for that matter. I just didn’t realize it was the same horse until now. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Thought I typed consistently- It was early.:wink: But, thank you for the correction;):slight_smile:

Just wanted to clarify on his behalf.:slight_smile: I know this horse Lalonde quite well, and the horse has more heart than any I have ever had the pleasure of being around. Suppose I was being a little protective:)

And yes Sing Mia Song-

Continually-

It was early:)

[QUOTE=45a6ea55;8323296]
And yes Sing Mia Song-

Continually-

It was early:)[/QUOTE]

I had the benefit of caffeine when I commented. :winkgrin:

The flat test was emailed to the riders a week before the class.