Unlimited access >

WEG, the good & the bad

The seating was horrific and I’m very surprised there weren’t cases of people falling. The bathrooms I would NOT go in. Are you kidding me? HOWEVER, I had THE best fries in my life at an outside vendor. :smiley: Loved France. Stayed the first week in Honfleur through GVQ Travel and then went to Paris for a week. I look forward to Bromont!!!

[QUOTE=Quinn;7776701]
The seating was horrific and I’m very surprised there weren’t cases of people falling. The bathrooms I would NOT go in. Are you kidding me? HOWEVER, I had THE best fries in my life at an outside vendor. :smiley: Loved France. Stayed the first week in Honfleur through GVQ Travel and then went to Paris for a week. I look forward to Bromont!!![/QUOTE]I still can’t believe we missed each other by mere moments :no:

Had a great time with the CAA group for the driving. My first tour of any kind … well since a college spring break theater tour to London in 1968. The weather was great, the venue odd (racetrack) but oh well, walking distance (mile?) to the “village”, enough portapotties (that flushed!). I had worried that the driving was going to be at the stud farm where the 3-day was … which is generally the case, but not this time. It was right in downtown Caen.

Just one mediocre food stand but we generally packed a sandwich off the stellar breakfast bar at the hotel in Trouville. Or mobbed the patisserie at our morning bus stop. There were more food stands and lots more portapotties for the marathon day, scattered around the course (racetrack). And a ton of food at the village for those who made the trek.

Sure there were glitches, but as I had hoped, the driving folks are resilient. No drama, at all. Go with the flow. Great folks and lots of interesting conversation. A big plus … our buses were able to drop off and pick up right at the gate, which was very nice.

The weirdest thing was that the one food stand at the venue, which was also the beer stand, closed down not quite immediately after the event was over, so folks enjoying a cool one and some conversation after sitting in the hot sun all day got kicked out into the street by the grim faced security. NOW! We took to referring to them as the gestapo. A certain amount of good will and certainly Euros were lost by this action. It wasn’t a huge deal, but just so odd. Signage would have been helpful.

So, all in all, it was good.