Unlimited access >

What is making that NOISE?

I had no idea that rabbits made any noise at all, until there was a horrific screaming that, when I investigated , turned out to be a (wild) rabbit being killed by a large black snake. :astonished:

Our failed barn cat to fully house cat conversion sometimes catches juvenile wild rabbits. I’ve managed to save the day all but one time thanks to the set of lungs those little guys have on them! In the late spring/early summer, my shoes are on & I’m running out the door like some low rent country version of Bay Watch any time I hear that distinctive, high-pitched “squee squee!”

6 Likes

“Low rent country Baywatch” — lololol

3 Likes

I love the fox sound! We had one near the old place the used to drive our GSD nuts. I used to watch there old reruns of British mystery shows on Netflix and they love to use fox yipes in the background. That dog would leap up from his drunk doggie on his back position barking like crazy and running for the door. “TV, puppy, TV”, I would tell him. He never believed me.

1 Like

Domesticated bunnies? Oh my! The fiercest beasts alive are the does.

Our son was given an adult female. He bought an indoor cage for her with his own money and she lives in his room, with a playpen attached to her cage. Her name is Snowflake (lol). Maybe the name made her fierce. Maybe it was her slightly clouded eye. Either way, she was a pirate rabbit from day one. She has plastic baby stacking cups she loves to throw around. She does like being petted…on her terms. She will gladly growl, scratch, and bite when displeased. The does are very territorial. She thumps for attention(I didn’t’t know they did that). She flops on her side in our presence (a sign of bunny trust) and nudges our legs or hands for pets. I should try to card trick with her.

She is getting four medicines a day which will, hopefully, clear up her eye infection. She HATES being medicated. She HATES eye drops. We have scratches and nips to prove it. We roll her in a thick blanket and I have to hold her head and jaw still to get the liquid into her mouth, then, hold her eyelid up to put drops in. She bites the blanket when she gets mad. Only three more weeks of medicating her…pray for us. :pleading_face:

Sign above our bunny cage is a quote from Monty Python:
“That’s the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!”

154e6c6f033c0d8fa2dfd0a32e0d0b03

4 Likes

Ok just wanna say I feel totally vindicated on the fox thing after I got poo-pooed. This was posted on a Whidbey Community FB page yesterday, about 25 min south of me. Ha!!

5 Likes