Unlimited access >

What (nutrition) subjects do you want to hear about?

It’s coming, the webmaster has one more thing to finish, then he’ll send it out… be patient…
MW

Somehow I missed that you were an equine nutritionist. I’ll have to check out your newsletter!

I dislike very general articles, and I like articles with specific information. Not having seen what you have written, I would be interested in knowing more about:

How to adjust feeding rations for spring, summer, fall and winter pasture nutrient loads (typically maintained pasture grasses) for athletes and pasture puffs.

How to optimize feeding for hard keeping athletes versus easy keeping athletes (but still deliver the necessary nutrients).

How to optimize feeding regimes for athletes in short and long-term layup.

How to pick the right feed for your horse (i.e. many feed brands have similar feeds but have small differences, such as fat content, or fiber content, or protein content, etc.). How are the various “complete feeds” supposed to be fed to horses on pasture? On hay diets? (Neither Nutrena nor Purina can give me a good answer to this one).

Articles on how horses utilize specific nutrients (vitamins, macro- and micro nutrients) in the different phases of life (growth, work, retirement, breeding, etc.). (again, NOT a general article, but specific information).

Articles on soil types that are deficient/abundant in nutrients in the U.S. and what people who graze horses on/buy hay from these areas might wish to look out for.

How to manage the diet of horses with specific metabolic syndromes or other physiological issues.

How to recognize potential nutrient deficits and how a vet might test for them.

This is a short list! Have you tackled these yet?