Unlimited access >

Why I burned supper

Just had to share a fun cat picture for lunch time humor. Or demands for laps at the worst possible moments!
After a hard night and day hunting mice, wouldn’t you want a nice comfortable lap to curl up in? What is hilarious is that she had been pestering my husband for a treat, but not a pat. As soon as I sat down on the floor to get her to stop so that he could cook (and not burn supper either), she made her usual and immediate beeline for my lap, treats forgotten. She doesn’t want an actual ‘lap’ though, she likes to be half on the floor, half on my leg. I’ve learned to organize myself for this: turn the stove down, get organized, and then plop!

27 Likes

you are well trained!

2 Likes

Maybe an Orange Cat Thing?

My Cheeto falls over, bellyup, at the drop of a hat.
Not just pats or rubs, (gentle)bellyslaps & I confess: the occasional raspberry are accepted & encouraged. :roll_eyes:
The Belly:

12 Likes

Aww, how sweet!

I’d take the snuggles too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine is here right now, helping me type by laying on both my arms. Purring. He loves working on the computer.

3 Likes

oh yeah - that is an irresistible belly. Cheeto knows what he is working with.

2 Likes

To frost the catcake:
This cat literally lived in my basement the first 4 years I had him (& his “brother”, who came upstairs & became a pet a lot quicker!).
I’d see a flash of orange - usually into or out of a cabinet - when I went down to feed them.
I had to relocate both upstairs when basement needed repairs. That took a livetrap :dizzy_face:
Still took another year for Cheeto to decide Life as a Pet was a good idea.
Now he’s my Bestie :heart_eyes_cat:
& instead of the barncats I intended them to be, I have this:

8 Likes

Ah yes, the orange belly!

Usually, deployed in front of a person trying to walk somewhere. However, I am the only person that is allowed to pat the belly, for everyone else it is a trap!
I love the kitty massage @2DogsFarm

9 Likes

We is Belly Sistahs! :rofl:
Love the fuzzytummy :heart_eyes:

To date, I am Keeper of the Belly.
Both scaredycats make themselves invisible for any other human who dares to enter the house :smirk:

2 Likes

Five out of my six go belly up and they’re all red cats. Ralph, Bird and Dizzy will flip over while in my arms and present their bellies for rubs and raspberries.We have a lot of “I’m gonna get your belly” moments in this household. Ella on the other hand will present her belly while rolling and have an, “I dare you!” look on her face while all of the boys are watching her from a very respectful distance.

3 Likes

My black kitteh Ursala only goes tummy up when I am on the floor doing yoga. She refuses to be held and will come on my lap for about 3 minutes before deciding she has other places to be. Last night I fell asleep on the couch and she stayed with me stretched out like a pork tenderloin…

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

OMG I have an orange kitty named Cheeto too!

9 Likes

I have an orange and white! His name is Roughy (like the fish). He’s unruly.

10 Likes

haha love the name, and I love how it looks like Roughy is doing his part of the house hold chores by scrubbing your bathtub for you! What a good boy!

4 Likes

Thanks for all the darling pictures everyone! All your furry babies made me smile, which is so welcome in our current trying times.

4 Likes

Thank you all for this great thread! You and your kitties have brought smiles and laughter to my morning, as I sit here enjoying breakfast coffee with my torti&white kitty on my lap (she of the orange patches among the black).

3 Likes

Here’s a funny picture of Roughy. In the other picture, you can see that he does have a head. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

My friend’s Turkish Van with his hawk friend. Best pals, even eat together.

(She’s an elderly rehabbed Red Tail, fully licensed and regularly inspected by Fish & Game).

10 Likes

Lies!

1 Like