Unlimited access >

Woodside is over - OR IS IT?

And today, both the August HT and October CCI are shown as cancelled on the US Eventing calendar

1 Like

I had a great time at the May event though the xc had footing issues this time, that’s not usual at all. And I school there regularly and have good times! Perhaps you know something I don’t.

I was chatting with one of my friends who goes out there to school regularly, and she said the footing has become a serious, serious issue that has apparently not been addressed in spite of many requests from the members, competitors, horse show management and boarders/trainers at the facility.

So it makes a bit more sense that Robert would pull out given what happened in May and an apparent lack of ability/commitment to manage the issue by horsepark management. No one is going to run their expensive horses XC on garbage footing, and I’d imagine there is some kind of legal liability concerns for show management (nevermind reputational liability).

1 Like

Bumping this because my friend is at the Woodside event right now and says the new organizers seem to be going out of their way to make it really nice. No word on footing yet. I thought this EN article, while a few months old, was interesting because it makes the situation sound similar to the one at Virginia HT: https://eventingnation.com/an-organizer-overhaul-but-eventing-will-continue-at-woodside-horse-park/

1 Like

I’m there too and the footing is great! They have done a super job. So glad the event is back on.

2 Likes

Perhaps a new thread to say “It’s back!”

1 Like