Unlimited access >

Young female wolf-hybrid

There is an idiot around here that told people they would be good livestock guardian dogs. Are you kidding me??

She’s a horrible human being all around.

That being said, most ppl who claim they have a wolf hybrid have a husky or Shepard mix and delusions. I guess they think it’s majestic or something.

4 Likes

It’s a terrible thing to do to these creatures and people will tell lies to make a buck. It’s shameful. BTW - It’s ShepHErd – I’m a GSD gal so I am a bit anal about the breed spelling.

2 Likes

While I am not a big fan of premature euthanasia, for some animals, there are things worse than death.

8 Likes

I REALLY take offense at that remark, Where_sMyWhite! WHY IN THE HELL SHOULD THIS CREATURE LOSE HER LIFE BECAUSE PEOPLE F**KED UP? She deserves to live in a natural setting where she can enjoy her full life span with others of her kind. Just because this family or the husband/father is an idiot is NO REASON to condemn her to death! HELL NO!!! Maybe we should just euthanize him!

1 Like

nevertheless, the animal is already in a bad situation, so while we would all wish that wasn’t the case, wishing ain’t changing the reality. So unless you are driving out there with hard cash in hand to change reality, the current reality is that there are things worse than premature youth in asia

10 Likes

Ready to take a deep breath now?

If the choice is euthanasia or bad home with people including children at risk if something goes sideways, I would choose euthanasia. I said it wasn’t my first choice but sometimes the choice that makes the most sense. She shouldn’t have to loose her life but the reality is it may be necessary or preferable to the alternative. If you feel that strongly, perhaps go rescue her yourself with cash in hand?

10 Likes

I would gladly rescue her and pay them, but they want to keep her. I would donate her to a sanctuary that already wants her. I will check with them again, but they seemed to think I was being pushy and she has a decent home, but it’s a scary situation IMO.

1 Like

Did your previous offers to take her include a good financial gain for them? That might be what it takes to make this happen.

All of our conversations until the last one was strictly about what was best for Ava. They agreed she should not be a pet and just wanted a sanctuary to take her, so there was no money discussed as that did not seem to be their interest. At the end, it wasn’t about money either. They simply decided to keep her, expand their fencing and “train” her - which I don’t think will be a lasting thing. I also have my doubts they have the skill level to deal with her. So, I was disheartened by their comments that I was being “pushy” so I just backed off.