Unlimited access >

Young Horse Glow Ups!

My sweet OTTB at 3:

And coming 6!

18 Likes

These are such glow ups!!! It’s also fascinating to see what aspects of conformation change over time and what stays the same.

6 Likes

I will always, always buy chestnut. I don’t go looking for white :wink: but I’m willing to do it and invest heavily in Quicksilver :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed, these are soooo cool to see! I hope folks keep them coming! It’s truly crazy to see how much these animals age and mature. Can’t wait to see what the future hold for our boys!

The first is at 5 around the time I got him, and the last two are at 7 showing in the adult hunters.

21 Likes

So fun!

My mare at three years old on the track:

A few years later:

Today:

My Craigslist hony at four years old one year ago:

One month later:

Today:

He has his own thread: Henry the Handyman from rags to riches
And thank goodness he grew into that big ol’ head.

39 Likes

Lovely!! I love a good red mare, and Henry is adorable!

2 Likes

One of my large ponies. Yearling at the very top when we bought him back, just under it is about 3 months difference. Then as a 2 year old trotting in hand. 3 year old line class and him under saddle now as a coming 4 year old. They do grow up fast!!

19 Likes

Nugget (Carry the Day) - Ages 2,.2,3,4
IMG_3851.heic (132.1 KB) IMG_1797.heic (154.1 KB) IMG_2648

12 Likes

Link (ScyFy) as a foal:

as a 2 yo leaving his breeder’s:

third time being sat on age 4:

first competition age 5:

day I let him go, age 6 (he had ECVM):

Lam (Lapcos Lamborghini) as a foal:

as a late 2 yo:

as a late 3 yo (second time sat on):

as a 4 yo:

hope to get to our first competition this season… :crossed_fingers:

19 Likes

Bumping this up incase anyone else wants to share, these photos are so cool!

1 Like

I’m not claiming any credit for this bc he was pretty awesome by the time I got him, but I do have my horse’s baby (as in JUST born) and pics of him now if that counts. He was planned, but his mama surprised everyone by having him in the field, so he got a little help coming inside.

3yo

Last fall. He will be 15 next week
Screenshot_20231030-205223-105

21 Likes

The first picture is my 3yo GRP when I got him in March 2022 and a few recent ones from lately. Been so much fun bringing him along!

24 Likes

Wow he is stunning!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

Thanks. I kinda think so too. When my trainer showed me his video and said he was coming for me to try, I thought she was joking. Timing-wise, it would have been a very mean joke, and I thought surely she wouldn’t do that to me, but he just seemed so incredibly out of my league…I still pinch myself that I have him.

2 Likes

OHMYGOODNESS he has a heart star AND four white socks!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

And DAPPLES!

1 Like

Yep! Gotta love chrome! Best part is he is the Black, Black Beauty and Blaze the wonder pony all rolled into one. I actually bought the Breyer Black Beauty bc it looks just like him.

4 Likes

Track rat:

Prized pasture possession:

Fancy boi:

29 Likes

Rolling Rock!

2 Likes