Unlimited access >

10 things you didn't know about California Chrome

California Chrome could clinch the Triple Crown next Saturday.

Our RGJ sports columnist Chris Murray compiled a list of 10 things you might not have known about Chrome: http://on.rgj.com/RyKieH.

Did any of them surprise you?

Would you explain to me how a 5% interest in a supposedly $8,000 horse gets you a tax write off? So Coburn isn’t even a half owner, as advertised?

That’s when Love the Chase was owned by the syndicate. When the syndicate lost interest in her and decided to run her in a claiming race, Coburn and Perry Martin, another syndicate member, purchased her directly instead.

One article I saw said that the DAP ownership split is 30% Coburn, 70% Martin.

I knew most of them. I would think he has to eventually buy a new truck even if he keeps the old one as a souvenir.

[QUOTE=RainyDayRide;7596450]
That’s when Love the Chase was owned by the syndicate. When the syndicate lost interest in her and decided to run her in a claiming race, Coburn and Perry Martin, another syndicate member, purchased her directly instead.

One article I saw said that the DAP ownership split is 30% Coburn, 70% Martin.[/QUOTE]
Ok, that explains a lot. I’m still certain he had to do a lot more before he could get any kind of tax write off. I never managed it anyway :frowning:

[QUOTE=Laurierace;7596476]
I knew most of them. I would think he has to eventually buy a new truck even if he keeps the old one as a souvenir.[/QUOTE]

Not if he’s very very very very very very careful…

Enjoyed reading this thread `` Thanks carenroblin ~

Enjoyed reading this ~

Thanks carenroblin !