Looking to upgrade my trailer- currently have a 2 horse slant load Shadow with a dressing room. It’s been a great little trailer, we bought brand new from the dealer no real issues, I just want something nicer and a little bigger.
I’ve owned a straight load with a ramp, a 3 horse slant load step up and my current 2 horse slant step up. Trying to decide if I want a 2 horse straight load or a 2 horse slant? And what brands I should look at or stay away from? Would prefer to probably buy new.
My complaints with the Shadow are:
- I didn’t realize they had a regular and a wide version when I purchased, I have the more narrow one. I feel like it’s a tight squeeze for my bigger horse he’s a Gypsy only 15.1 hands but he’s about 1400 pounds. And it’s tight for them to turn around
- I hate that it does not have a butt bar for the rear stall, and the back door is all that’s there
- I hate the lack of padding on the divider
- Not a huge fan of the latch on the divider
Things I love:
- Drop down windows with bars that stay up separately
- Easily converts to a box stall when we’re hauling yearlings/2 year olds
- Easy, no fuss simple trailer