Unlimited access >

2 PLANES CRASHED INTO WORLD TRADE CENTER IN NY

Has anyone seen the news yet??? OMG it’s horrible. Two large planes (poss 737’s) were flown into the World Trade Center buildings. It definatly looks like terrorism and they are talking about the planes having been hijacked and then flown into the buildings. It’s mind numbing to see the video. They actually have footage of the 2nd plane being flown straight into the building. It’s almost surreal!!!

The first was a small twin engine. 18 minutes later a second plane crashed into the WTC. At 9:19 not known what the second plane size was.

Explosion and gaping holes in the WTC. One plane hit one tower and the other plane hit the other
tower.

Planes may have been hi-jacked and occupants may have been involved in a suicide mission.

Weather was not a problem. Result of foul play. FBI is investigating.

Thank you, Ghazzu. Emotions are running rampant. Good thing we’re not world leaders.

At pearl harbor WE KNEW our enemy.
At pearl harbor not many innocent civilians… women, children, men… were injured/killed.

* Fiero *

Uhm Jparkes, there are people on this board from other countries…

In my opinion, Canada is the greatest nation in the world - because its my country.

While most of the world is of course behind the US on this one, to any individual in another country, generally speaking their country is the best. Sorry but I found your statement incredibly arrogant. Its the best to you, but not to me.

I want to forget the return to the airport flight. That right there has made me un easy about things. nothing is worse than being airborn and hearing your piolet say we are being orderd to return to Sea Tac and then feeling the plane just bank it and a then experience a verry uncomforting landing. When I found out about the NY situation a man yelled it out loud and most of us thought he was crazy. I rember walking off my flight back into Seattle and feeling this eary numb feeling come over me. the air port was a skairy silence while people swarmed around the TV’s You could feel the tension around and you could feel the panick come over you. I stood there looking at the TV and still had no clue what went on. The first thing I did was head to Northwest to have them infourm Joost that I was badk in and that he needed to find me. Then the calls pured in to my cell and I knew that this was not some dream but real and that I wasn’t just on the plane dreaming this. I wish I was though. I still have a hard time watching the news cause so many times I was there. The first thing I did after the attack and I notified everyone I was safe, was to call everyne I knew who worked in the towers to make sure they were safe. Everyone I personaly know made it but what if there was someone I once knew that worked in the towers???

Now I sit here and altough it is 5 days passed Im still numb. Sleep was very little for both Joost and I and I thought to myself how lucky that nither of us were on those flights. But would something go wrong for either of us today? We are not the only country that is frightend and hearing the fear from just his family and friends who call it made this whole situation more upsetting. We are Lucky to have such a devoted nation and at the same time the help of countrys around. I heard this and am not sure were exactly but it stuck… " this horrible tragedy might not bring us another WW3 but instead world peace cause for once in our history so many countrys at once stand vigial uniteing us all." One man brought tragedy to us but at the same time he didn’t judt hit the heart of America but the heart of the world and we are verry lucky to have the suport we do. I recieved the following from a friend of mine today and would like to pass it on…

An open letter to a terrorist:

Well, you hit the World Trade Center, but you missed America. You hit the
Pentagon, but you missed America. You used helpless American bodies, to take
out other American bodies, but like a poor marksman, you STILL missed
America.

Why? Because of something you guys will never understand. America isn�t
about a building or two, not about financial centers, not about military
centers, America isn�t about a place, America isn�t even about a bunch of
bodies. America is about an IDEA. An idea, that you can go someplace where
you can earn as much as you can figure out how to, live for the most part,
like you envisioned living, and pursue Happiness. (No guarantees that you�ll
reach it, but you can sure try!)

Go ahead and whine your terrorist whine, and chant your terrorist litany:
If you can not see my point, then feel my pain.

This concept is alien to Americans. We live in a country where we don�t have
to see your point. But you�re free to have one. We don�t have to listen to
your speech. But you�re free to say one. Don�t know where you got the
strange idea that everyone has to agree with you. We don�t agree with each
other in this country, almost as a matter of pride. We�re a collection of
guys that don�t agree, called States. We united our individual states to
protect ourselves from tyranny in the world. Another idea, we made up on the
spot. You CAN make it up as you go, when it�s your country.

If you�re free enough.

Yeah, we�re fat, sloppy, easy-going goofs most of the time. That�s an
unfortunate image to project to the world, but it comes of feeling free and
easy about the world you live in. It�s unfortunate too, because people start
to forget that when you attack Americans, they tend to fight like a cornered
badger. The first we knew of the War of 1812, was when England burned
Washington D.C. to the ground. Didn�t turn out like England thought it was
going to, and it�s not going to turn out like you think, either. Sorry, but
you�re not the first bully on our shores, just the most recent.

No Marquis of Queensbury rules for Americans, either. We were the FIRST and
so far, only country in the world to use nuclear weapons in anger. Horrific
idea, nowadays? News for you bucko, it was back then too, but we used it
anyway. Only had two of them in the whole world and we used �em both.
Grandpa Jones worked on the Manhattan Project. Told me once, that right up
until they threw the switch, the physicists were still arguing over whether
the Uranium alone would fission, or whether it would start a fissioning
chain reaction that would eat everything. But they threw the switch anyway,
because we had a War to win. Does that tell you something about American
Resolve?

So who just declared War on us? It would be nice to point to some real
estate, like the good old days. Unfortunately, we�re probably at war with
random camps, in far-flung places. Who think they�re safe. Just like the
Barbary Pirates did, IIRC. Better start sleeping with one eye open.

There�s a spirit that tends to take over people who come to this country,
looking for opportunity, looking for liberty, looking for freedom. Even if
they misuse it. The Marielistas that Castro emptied
out of his prisons, were overjoyed to find out how much freedom there was.
First thing they did when they hit our shores, was run out and buy guns. The
ones that didn�t end up dead, ended up in prisons. It was a big PITA then
(especially in south Florida), but you�re only the newest PITA, not the
first.

You guys seem to be incapable of understanding that we don�t live in
America, America lives in US! American Spirit is what it�s called. And
killing a few thousand of us, or a few million of us, won�t change it. Most
of the time, it�s a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of Spirit. Until we�re
crossed in a cowardly manner, then it becomes an entirely different kind of
Spirit.

Wait until you see what we do with that Spirit, this time.

Barb, I’ve never been much of a praying person, but I’m praying for your husband!! As a member of the family in blue my prayers are with all the NYPD and NYFD

just listening to Tom Brokaw talk to me over the radio. God bless that man.

Okay, this is not an issue of who I did or did not vote for, this is about behavior plan and simple.

Was anyone else offended by the fact that Bush’s first press conference was at a school, he knew what is was about, and yet he had CHILDREN standing around behind him??? Am I the only one offended by this?

Also, he did he offend anyone else with his poorly prepared speech in the evening (after how many hours to make it?) where he said, “secretaries, business men and woman” as if they aren’t business people? Come on. I’m NOT a secretary, but I was annoyed that they can’t even write a proper speech for him, or he just threw in something stupid on this own.

Man, Tony Blair made Bush look like a dufus. Sad representation for our country, and not a very strong show right after the event first happened. It definitely didn’t instill any confidence in our representation from my perspective.

Maybe I’m misdirecting my anger at the moment, but then again, with the media blitz in high gear, someone needs to get out there and let the world know that we are not going to be easy victims in the future! And they also need to point out the tragedy for the families and stop the media feeding-frenzy. Please, how many people who lost loved ones wanted to know about the bodies falling from the buildings and people speculating that they jumped? (When firefighters later pointed out that many probably passed out from the smoke and were leaning out to find fresh air.)

Okay, I’m done. I just had to vent.

no, but you can’t ignore the fact that just because you think its the greatest, doesn’t make is so.

Its important to appreciate the globalness of the world. I severely doubt the French think the US is the greatest in the world given their own very strong patriotism

THank God!

Vt, you know I agree about Clinton as a stronger leader, although in a time of national crisis like this, I’d like to give the other guy the benefit of the doubt. However, I thought he was going to talk to the country again at 12:30 and it’s after 2 and no words from him yet.

Can we please just support our President, who is in a situation none of us can begin to imagine being in ourselves? The House and Senate are uniting and standing behind Bush. For once we can look to them as example and pull together as a nation, rather than make it a political fight. This needs to be a time of positive support, rather than negative criticism.

Before I go I would like to post this from my Golden Retriever list…Some real sentiments with real feeling and empathy. Enough ignorance already
AN OPEN LETTER TO TERRORISTS
by jwillis@bellatlantic.net
(Jim Willis & Nicole Valentin-Willis/Tiergarten Sanctuary Trust)

I don’t know your name, or names - we may never know who you are - so I
can’t address you personally. Today, you killed several thousands of our

friends…perhaps not people who we knew personally, but people like us.

People who worked hard to make a living, who loved someone, who were
loved by someone, who worried about making a better life for their
children and grandchildren, who believed in God and the American Dream,
who criticized this country for its insufficiencies and cared enough to
try and change things and ensure a better future, not just for us, but
for the world. People who leave behind scores of loved ones, friends,
pets, neighbors, coworkers, and members of their faiths. Perhaps even
people who derived from your own country and who sought refuge here.
Your act was a slaughter of the innocents.

You are like an insidious cancer that strikes without warning, ravages
bodies, tears families apart, and in the end can never destroy the soul.

You are the ultimate coward.

You may topple our buildings, collapse our communication systems,
disrupt our government, crash our markets, and leave behind the carnage
of bodies, but you will never destroy the soul of America. We made this
country from the bits and pieces of the rest of the world; we took the
best, the worst of every culture and nationality, race and creed, and
made an alloy that may be dented, but not even a trial by fire can melt.

I don’t know what god you believe in, or what hateful rhetoric you
espouse, or what your misguided political beliefs might be that allows
you to do what you did today without a fear of eternal damnation. I only

know that you may win a battle or two, but you will never win this war.
We have the entire history of the world on our side, and no dictator,
despot, or madman has survived as long as America has thrived and
prospered. If you accomplished anything at all today, it was to give
America a wake-up call, and we will now rise up stronger than before.
You are defeated before you’ve even begun, there in your private hell
and later in your eternal one. Someday your people may even need our
help, and because we are America, we would respond.

May God bless the friends we lost, their families, friends, neighbors
and coworkers. We will help them rebuild from the ashes. May God
continue to bless America, help her to protect us all, and may she
continue to shine as a beacon of democracy and hope to the rest of the world.

Betsy
Lead, follow, or get out of the way…

All planes heading to the US are being diverted to Canada.

A car bomb has been reported to have gone off infront of the State Dept. Unconfirmed.

Another plane is in the air heading towards the Pentagon. Not sure if it is a terrorist. But another plane is heading that way.

I am married to one. I cannot believe that some of you have nothing better to do than to second guess what Bush,YOUR PRESIDENT, wherther you personnally voted for him or not is doing in such a terrible time. My father flew to NYC this morning for business, my brother and his wife live in Manhatan and work in the Rockafella building they are ,Thank God, all ok. This is a time to unite as a country, don’t you realise that to second guess Your President in this time is to show weakness? I am certain that if you all know so much better than Bush and his people what he should be doing YOU MUST HOLD AN VERY IMPORTANT POSITION IN THE GOVERNMENT, RIGHT? Come on don’t think you know better until you are in his shoes, are you running in 2004?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Velvet:
As for the statement:Quote: " Thanks so much for the armchair quarterbacking - after the fact.
Real helpful.
"

I agree. If I was on Bush’s staff, I wouldn’t have to arm chair QB, I would have made those changes BEFORE he spoke.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, for heaven’s sake - GET OVER IT!!! Who the hell cares about PC secretaries/executives terminology, WHATEVER right now??? I’m not sure about having the children with him during his first statement, but I certainly do NOT feel qualified to second guess our President at this time…Unless he lets the people responsible for these atrocities off in some way…

edit

Just to clarify, for non New Yorkers, NYC tv stations broadcast from the top of the south tower. TV Service is now completely disrupted. I grew up in NYC and went to high school just up the road in Battery Park. I cannot describe the shock and horror I feel right now, despite the fact of being safely tucked away in the midwest.

Please everyone pray for the families of the WTC employees, more than 30,000 people worked there. And of course of the all the emergency service personnel, NYPD, NYFD, EMS, Paramedics. I’m sure the National Guard will be on the scene shortly as well.

they are playing “hopscotch” with the president.

He went from FL to LA and is now in Omaha. My guess is that they will let him make a statement and move him again.

Guilliani (sp) was impressive - his comment how even this will not stop NY and democracy really got me.

[This message was edited by havaklu on Sep. 11, 2001 at 03:16 PM.]