Unlimited access >

2020/2021 Ford F350

I am considering purchasing a 2021 Ford F350, which would be used to haul a 2008 gooseneck stock trailer. The dealership told me today that there was a known issue with 2017-2019 F350s being too tall in the suspension for certain trailers, and that the issue got corrected for 2020 and 2021, such that they do not expect any problems. The trailer manufacturer, EBY, told me they are not certain for the new F350s and it’s case by case on how their trailers configure with the modern trucks. Does anyone have experience with this issue? The truck dealership does not seem to know much about trailers…

well it is true Ford lowered the trucks…some

the F350 Super Duty and appears to also include F250 Super Duty

1.5″ number is for single rear-wheel vehicles, while the dual-rear wheelers are lowered by about an inch, according to the Ford engineer.

here is a discussion with links to Ford engineers
https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/did-ford-secretly-lower-the-2020-super-dutys-ride-height/

Buy the Ford without a bed and have Eby make you a flatbed body for your truck in addition to making the trailer. Problem solved!

3 Likes

I have a 2019 Dodge, and I can tell you that for my truck 1-1.5" would not have been enough to allow me to safely haul my older gooseneck. If you’re willing to pull the bed, or buy without a bed and put on a flatbed that is by far the best way to go. I could not convince my husband that a flat bed could work for him too, so we ended up buying a new trailer!