Unlimited access >

2022 Maryland 5* at Fair Hill

Their spot last year was right next to stabling. Great for the competitors, not so much for the spectators.

I bet they can help with fitting you a skull cap. They are local so would be able to get store inventory

So glad someone else was in the same boat that I was
 Hahahaha! I was having a hip bursitis issue and that walk was not fun, but I was determined to get there and see some of my favorites
 and I did, but that meant that I also got caught in the heavy rain that arrived exactly as predicted! Don’t think I’ve ever been wetter walking back, despite my rain gear – still glad I did it, but opted for the Sawmill package/parking pass this year.

Fun fact they should probably address in their pricing:

It cost me $0.30 more to buy my tickets in advance than if I had bought them at the gate because of fees. FYI if you have yet to purchase yours.

Just to clarify - you mean 30 cents? Not 30 dollars.

I can’t imagine why that matters?

It could be the online processing fees, the tickets are advertised at X dollars, but they end up costing more because of fees (I think related to the ticket selling platform they use).

Maybe buying tickets at the gate bypasses that whole system?

It does’t matter except for the fact they advertise discounted prices for buying in advance.

There is a 10% fee on each ticket plus a $5 processing fee. Mine worked out to only 30 cents extra, a more expensive order would be even more.

So save yourself some money and buy at the gate.

And for the organizers, if you really want to encourage people to buy in advance with a discount, maybe knock enough money off the advance prices to account for the fees so it actually is a discount in the end.

9 Likes

Several of my barn friends have purchased reserved seating for SJ sunday and have recently found out we also have to purchase general admission tickets on top of the reserved tickets. I have sent an email to the ticket email associated with the 5* to clarify, but won’t buy reserved seats next year for sure.
** editing to add I think we are ok with just reserved tickets, don’t need additional general on top, whew!!

1 Like

I was confused by that also.

1 Like

I specifically contacted the ticket office when I was buying tickets, and they said multiple times that GA was included with reserved seating, so if you buy a reserved seating ticket, you don’t have to buy a GA ticket on top of that.

Email confirmation that no GA ticket purchase is required with a reserve seating ticket.

2 Likes

thank you! I was given incorrect info from the person who bought the tix for our group.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the Sawmill Waterfront Club is walkable from the Sawmill parking? I have looked at the maps and links online but can’t tell – I guess there will be a shuttle (?), but I don’t know if it will specifically take patrons from Sawmill parking to the Sawmill Club, or whether it is the general “perimeter shuttle” that circles the course. Just trying to figure out if leaving some stuff in the car is an option, if I need to retrieve it later. (Probably never a good idea on cross-country day!) Thanks!

I believe it’s very walkable. I am envious of anyone who gets to park there! We hoofed it from one end to the other last year, it’s A LOT of walking from regular parking and shuttles weren’t really an option.

I walked last year as well, and while I’m glad I saw so many different jumps along the way, I was nearly passing out – it was pretty hot, and the long hill bordering Elk Chapel Road was a real challenge! That’s why I shelled out the bucks for a parking pass.

1 Like

3* jogs are finished. 5* is beginning shortly. They are being shown on the MD 5* FB page and USEF Network.

Did LHS’s horse get spun after being sent to the hold box and re-presented? I did not hear an announcement. she just walked away after one of the officials walked over to speak to her.

Yep. at least it looked that way.

Yes. Whenever the president of the ground jury walks over- that’s never a good sign.

1 Like

There was an announcement but it was very subdued and quiet. Hard to hear on the live stream.

Where can I find ride times for dressage?