Unlimited access >

2023 Breeders Cup

For sure. I would much rather see the scratch than something happen.
I was just REALLY hoping they’d bring him back next year.

1 Like

I’m glad that, for now at least, they aren’t considering that stupid Pegasus race. Anything to hasten its demise. Keep the turf version, but the original has been a joke from day 1. Now that the purse isn’t so enticing maybe it will go away.

He’ll get every chance to succeed at Lane’s End; glad he’s headed there instead of WinStar or Spendthrift.

3 Likes

More are out.
Four more scratches. Ecoro Nio out of the juvenile. Get Smokin is out as well. Liams Journey is out of the juvenile. Algiors is also out

1 Like

The only race I really have interest in is the Dirt Mile. I am so hoping that Cody’s Wish can retire a winner. This is a story that really touches your heart.

8 Likes

I plan on recording the races on Saturday and watching them on Sunday! I can’t watch live anymore

1 Like

4 more scratches

I have no idea what TVG/Fanduel is/are. I want these races to stay on network TV so everyone can watch them without having to subscribe to some extra service.

I wonder why football is interfering with the race coverage this year. I don’t remember it doing that in past years. But then football has been around a lot longer than the Breeders Cup. I wonder what went wrong with the football scheduling this year.

I am quite sure it is money. Fanduel is what used to be TVG which was a horse racing channel. I always thought they were more interested in the gambling aspect of racing, but they knew their stuff. A couple of years ago, the big races were ripped away from them and daily racing is now on FS2 when it isn’t preempted by tractor-pulling or some other thing.

1 Like

Race #1 to Ireland. I always enjoy seeing the international competitors in this event yearly, and kudos to them for coming. Of course, they do get paid well when they win.

Next up is Tamara in the Fillies, and I hope she is indeed a worthy daughter of her mother.

1 Like

Many more scratches…

BC Juvenile Turf Sprint
Big Evs
Valiant Force
Starlust
No Nay Mets

BC Juvenile Fillies
Just FYI
Jody’s Pride
Candied
Life Talk
*I think Tamara came in about 8th or so.

BC Juvenile Fillies Turf
Hard To Justify
Porta Fortuna
She Fells Pretty
Content

BC Juvenile
Fierceness
Muth
Timberlake

BC Juvenile Turf
Unquestionable
Mountain Bear
My Boy Prince
Can Group

BC Big Ass Dirt Mile
Cody’s Wish
National Treasure
Skippylongstockings
Charge It

BC Maker’s Mark F&M Turf
Inspiral
Warm Heart
Moira
Win Marilyn

BC PNC Bank F&M Sprint
Goodnight Olive
Yuugiri
Three Witches
Society

BC FanDuel Mile thought we might have a dead heat in this one.
Master of the Seas
Mawj
Casa Creed
Gina Romantica

BC Longines Distaff
Idiomatic
Randomized
Le Da Vida
Clairiere

BC Longines Turf
Auguste Rodin
Up To The Mark
Shahyar
Gold Phoenix

BC Longines Classic
White Abarrio
Derma Sotogake
Proxy
Arabian Knight

BC Turf Sprint
Nobals
Big Invasion
Aesop’s Fable
Live In The Dream

BC Qatar Sprint
Elite Power
Gunite
Nakatomi
Speed Boat Beach

1 Like

I do not like them not showing the complete order of finish. Why show the post order again?

2 Likes

I’m following on the TwinSpires app. they show the complete finish results.

1 Like

Justify is really having a good day.

3 Likes

Way to go Muth taking 2nd. :grinning:

:blush: (that’s my maiden name)

2 Likes

Mountain Bear was vanned off after the gallop out

#4 Bus Buzz was vanned off after the last race of the day as well.

1 Like

I really liked that Mountain Bear. He was squirrely before the race, but he was gorgeous. And he walked into the van on his own.

1 Like

How crushing, just so heartbreaking.

I liked him too and hope his recovery goes smoothly.

Good news for Mountain Bear. Apparently another injury,race #10, Bus Buzz vanned off and will need surgery.