Unlimited access >

4 horse head to head - 2500

Hey all - Looking to see if anyone on here is towing a 4 horse head to head with a 2500 Truck.

Really need to upgrade our trailer and would prefer not to update the truck at the same time(Probably jump to a bigger truck in 2 yrs when this truck is paid off). Currently have a 2500 RAM with the Cummins Deisel.

I know more people are going to comment that this is pushing it but looking at the trucks specs it should technically be able to do the job.

1 Like

You’ll be fine.

Might look into putting bags on the truck if it wants to squat. Before someone comments that bags don’t increase towing ability, no crap Sherlock- having a truck sitting deep makes it handle weird so the bags shift some of the weight back up front and realigns things.

10 Likes

Neighbor farm across the street pulls a 4H head to head with a F250. I’ve never heard them complain about the truck and they have had this combo for at least 4 years. They own a F450 as well for the 6H trailer.

1 Like

Put airbags on it and pack light

2 Likes

We did this for quite a while until the older version of the truck you describe died… on its 3rd transmission…

Your results may vary depending on whether you’re hauling 4 horses of your own, sharing common items and keeping the total weight down. In our case, hauling horses belonging to 4 individuals meant a LOT more stuff and weight in the truck as well as the trailer and may have contributed to the problems we had with the truck. Just something to consider.

2 Likes

I also have a 2500 Ram (pretty sure @endlessclimb and I have similar beasties as you) and my future trailer will be a special order 2+2, essentially a H2H without the aisle between them. Adams makes it and it’s gorgeous, it’s basically a 2+1 but with a divider in the +1. Saves about 4’ in length.

3 Likes

That is exactly what we want - Don’t really need the +1 in the middle but do need a small tack room.

Well, this is what I want :grin:

https://coasttocoasttrailer.com/horse-trailers-for-sale-details.asp?id=1964

3 Likes

Beautiful trailer, but the roof is Insulted for some reason, lol, wonder why?

Didn’t realize that an inanimate object could get its feelings hurt.

3 Likes

Thats a really nice setup, looks so easy to work off of, and converts to 2 box stalls. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Ha didn’t even notice :laughing: I know that’s not the first time I’ve seen that mistake here too!

2 Likes