Unlimited access >

756 Farm Dispersal Sale

Unnamed ‘19, I’m calling her Magnolia “Maggie”

19 Likes

Any chance you know what happened to #509, Don’t Tell Dad? One of the older mares, and she was one that had been kicked with a big leg. I hope she had a soft landing.

Sorry, this was incorrect info. 509 did originally get purchased by the kill buyer, but has since been rehomed somewhere safe. I was confusing her with someone else, I apologize.

She’s safe. I don’t remember exactly where she ended up, but it wasn’t somewhere sketchy.

3 Likes

The latest update is that they all found homes. The kill broker did buy 4, but he made deals after the fact and sold them out of the pen. Whew, what a ride.

14 Likes

What a relief! Thanks for update! Glad none ended up with KB.

1 Like

I don’t know if the person or group who ended up with her will see this but there is a Facebook group started up to follow these horses: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3405702059755477

2 Likes

They’re both lovely! Well done you.

2 Likes

Hey all! It’s been 4 months since the auction, so I figured I’d check back in with an update on my girls. They are doing GREAT! They have been fully integrated into the herd for a few weeks now and it seriously makes me so happy that all 5 can live peacefully - 4 TBs and one fat emotional support pony. (One of these things is not like the others…)

Maggie, the now 4yo filly who was unhandled and pretty feral coming out of the auction, is truly the sweetest little thing I’ve ever met. She is my sidekick and will happily leave her mama and the rest of the herd to follow me around begging for attention. I can’t wait to really get started with her this spring.

The only health issue we’ve encountered is a fungal infection in Maya. She had some occasional unilateral nasal discharge so I had her scoped and we discovered a nasty fungal plaque up in there. A round of fluconazole seems to have knocked it out but we’ll rescope next week to be sure.

I adore these girls. They really have completed the horse-y part of the family.

30 Likes

That’s such a great update! I hope Maya does well with her treatment. These are two very lucky horses!

1 Like

I’m late catching your update but I had to comment. It was great hearing you say “careful please” to them :heart: and of course they didn’t listen. Boy that gray can really buck!

1 Like

He can buck! That’s about all he’s good for. :heart::joy:

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Thought I’d pop in with an update on my girls. They’ve been with me for almost 8 months now and continue to do great. I finally put the first ride on Maya (JC Nickerdoodle) this morning and I can’t wipe the smile off my face! She’s the coolest. No one has ever accused me of moving too quickly with my horses, lol, but I’m really glad I waited as long as I did. She needed the time to get healthy and stronger and I live in the frozen north, so nice weather definitely helps.

Her last race was in 2014, so I have to assume it’s been almost 9 years since she carried a rider. :flushed: I am so proud of her and really excited to have a cool new TB mare to play with.

The baby’s turn is coming soon! She’s a quick study and overall pretty chill, so I’ll sit on her probably within the next few weeks.

I haven’t a had a single second of regret since bringing these two home. They really do complete the herd. :black_heart::orange_heart:

26 Likes

Wonderful! They look great! Thank you for the update!

2 Likes