Unlimited access >

A Bulletin Board Christmas Story for Everyone!

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the Bulletin Board, not a member was stirring, not even a troll! The stockings were hung by the computer with joy, in the hopes that St. Nick would soon bring them a toy! And what beautiful stockings they were! All bright colours bearing the initials of the owners, lovingly stitched on the front: HN73, JRG, MB Stark, and JAGold, one for JB with kittens on the front, a bright pink Barbie stocking for DMK, a commemorative Canadian toque-stocking for MAZ, and a beautiful brocade tapestry one for AHC, and the one on the end with the Jack Russell peeping out of the top had KRYSWYN written on it!

The chestnuts were roasting by the fire, jack frost was waiting outside for noses and all the children were eating their sugar-plum fairies. Paige had a purple one, Kelsy blue and Palisades had a lovely green one, but she accidentally let it go, so Regalmeans and RockyPony had to help her catch it. The yuletide carols were signing at their great team effort! Until Everythingbutwings (who of course had no wings) started pulling the wings off of the fairies in an attempt to find a pair that would fit her.

But hark! Listen: out of the night a voice could be heard:

On Canter and Robby
And Duffy and Urchin
VTrider and Spunky
And Heidi and Slugger

But do you recall the most famous member of all:

Erin the red nosed Moderator,
had a very red marker pen,
And is you ever bugged her (bugged her)
You would find your username gone (like VA Trainer!)
All of the other members,
used to laugh and call her friend
For they knew that if they bothered her,
they’d never get to play any games (like silly threads!)

Then one foggy Christmas eve
Colin came to say:
“Erin with your pen so bright,
won’t you write my posts tonight?”

Then all the members loved Colin
as they shouted out with glee, (yippee!)
Because now they’d never have to worry
whether if what Colin said was real!

As the children scrambled to the window to look out at the scene of Santa Jeb and his team of A/A Hunter Reindeers arriving on the barn roof, they saw something entirely different:

We saw Portia kissing Santa Jeb,
underneath the stable doors that night
She didn’t see Weatherford creep,
Down the stairs to have a peep;
She thought that had everyone had gone to bed.

But she was wrong! It seems that many ladies had been waiting for just this moment to introduce themselves to the fine gentleman from the Pole! First Inverness and Devildog, then Twister, Finzean and Flash44 all came from their hiding places bearing plates of cookies and milk in futile attempts to secure themselves a date for New Year’s Eve.

But then, we saw Snowbird tickle Santa Claus
Underneath his beard so snowy white;
Oh, what a laugh it would have been
Had they known what we did that night:
We caught it all on film that Christmas Eve!

Meanwhile, at a Nordstroms downtown, more singing could be heard:

We three queens of Virginia are
Duffy, Anyplace and Kennett Square
Tailored Sportsmans, thongs and helmets
Offering fashion hints at large

O, blouse of wonder, jeans of might,
Clothes with royal beauty bright,
Bargain hunting, still deciding,
Guide us to thy perfect fit.

Moesha we have heard on high
Making all the members sigh
Offering up all of his advice
Never being anything but nice!
Glor-or-or-or,or-or-or-or-or, or-or-or- ia,
In Excellent Equitation Form!

And so, I’m offering this
Silly thread to all members from
One to two thousand four hundred and fourty two
Altho’ it’s been said many times many ways

Merry Christmas to you!

[This message was edited by Jair on Dec. 21, 2000 at 04:17 PM.]

Thanks everyone! I’m so glad you liked it I certainly had fun writing it!

My apologies to anyone I forgot or didn’t mention! With so many members, I would have needed a few more days and probably a few 1000 more words to fit everyone in!

Wonderful poetry JAir, but you forgot me My feelings would be hurt but the thread is great and this is keeping me from work , SO I can’t complain to much.

Wonderful!! I loved that, Jair! (and I was mentioned!!)

Jair! Good God, how could a person be so multi-faceted? I mean, rock scientist, fabulous writer, ride and compete in three different disciplines … you are the quintessential Jack (Russell) of all trades!

Robby

Jair you missed your calling, that is so creative!!!

Wow - thanks everyone. I’m so glad you guys like it.

OMG Weatherford - that was funny! Don’t you dare try to delete me! LOL!

I don’t supposed you’d like to email my boss Portia and tell him that for me? I tried explaining that the fossilized diatoms weren’t exactly going to swim away over the holidays, but he didn’t seem too impressed for some reason…

I remember this! That was back when I actually posted here sometimes

Sarah * AKA “Regal’s Person”
http://www.users.drew.edu/shluchan
“your light reflected now - reflected from above - we were but stones - your light made us stars”

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the Bulletin Board, not a member was stirring, not even a troll! The stockings were hung by the computer with joy, in the hopes that St. Nick would soon bring them a toy! And what beautiful stockings they were! All bright colours bearing the initials of the owners, lovingly stitched on the front: HN73, JRG, MB Stark, and JAGold, one for JB with kittens on the front, a bright pink Barbie stocking for DMK, a commemorative Canadian toque-stocking for MAZ, and a beautiful brocade tapestry one for AHC, and the one on the end with the Jack Russell peeping out of the top had KRYSWYN written on it!

The chestnuts were roasting by the fire, jack frost was waiting outside for noses and all the children were eating their sugar-plum fairies. Paige had a purple one, Kelsy blue and Palisades had a lovely green one, but she accidentally let it go, so Regalmeans and RockyPony had to help her catch it. The yuletide carols were signing at their great team effort! Until Everythingbutwings (who of course had no wings) started pulling the wings off of the fairies in an attempt to find a pair that would fit her.

But hark! Listen: out of the night a voice could be heard:

On Canter and Robby
And Duffy and Urchin
VTrider and Spunky
And Heidi and Slugger

But do you recall the most famous member of all:

Erin the red nosed Moderator,
had a very red marker pen,
And is you ever bugged her (bugged her)
You would find your username gone (like VA Trainer!)
All of the other members,
used to laugh and call her friend
For they knew that if they bothered her,
they’d never get to play any games (like silly threads!)

Then one foggy Christmas eve
Colin came to say:
“Erin with your pen so bright,
won’t you write my posts tonight?”

Then all the members loved Colin
as they shouted out with glee, (yippee!)
Because now they’d never have to worry
whether if what Colin said was real!

As the children scrambled to the window to look out at the scene of Santa Jeb and his team of A/A Hunter Reindeers arriving on the barn roof, they saw something entirely different:

We saw Portia kissing Santa Jeb,
underneath the stable doors that night
She didn’t see Weatherford creep,
Down the stairs to have a peep;
She thought that had everyone had gone to bed.

But she was wrong! It seems that many ladies had been waiting for just this moment to introduce themselves to the fine gentleman from the Pole! First Inverness and Devildog, then Twister, Finzean and Flash44 all came from their hiding places bearing plates of cookies and milk in futile attempts to secure themselves a date for New Year’s Eve.

But then, we saw Snowbird tickle Santa Claus
Underneath his beard so snowy white;
Oh, what a laugh it would have been
Had they known what we did that night:
We caught it all on film that Christmas Eve!

Meanwhile, at a Nordstroms downtown, more singing could be heard:

We three queens of Virginia are
Duffy, Anyplace and Kennett Square
Tailored Sportsmans, thongs and helmets
Offering fashion hints at large

O, blouse of wonder, jeans of might,
Clothes with royal beauty bright,
Bargain hunting, still deciding,
Guide us to thy perfect fit.

Moesha we have heard on high
Making all the members sigh
Offering up all of his advice
Never being anything but nice!
Glor-or-or-or,or-or-or-or-or, or-or-or- ia,
In Excellent Equitation Form!

And so, I’m offering this
Silly thread to all members from
One to two thousand four hundred and fourty two
Altho’ it’s been said many times many ways

Merry Christmas to you!

[This message was edited by Jair on Dec. 21, 2000 at 04:17 PM.]

That was so cute! Do you actually have a job?

That is so good! Take every nice thing I have ever said about you and triple it! ( The naughty things stay, though )

Kennett Square and Colin stare while Heidi knits a toque.

All together now,

So Jair, what are you getting for this Christmas? And, what ever are you getting the lovely Alice?

but thrilled I was the first one mentioned!

Merry Christmas to me, yahoo!!!

WHAT?!?! I never thought the day would come when even Regalmeans got mentioned in a story, but not me! Well Sarah you’re not as forgotten as you once though. I, on the other hand, tend to fade into my surroundings. Sniff, sniff, cry.

Oh wait, was Becca not mentioned either? Well maybe that makes me feel better. Anyways, except for leaving out one very important part, that was great!

Mon Ami, Mon Ami,

Have very generous you were to put me with Duffy and Ms.APF as one of the three queens! And now duly being noted as such I shall strive to uphold the dignity and honor of such a title. I still hold you in high esteem as one of my many International Beau’s. And because you are so dear to me I have kept you as the only beau in Canada.

Wonderful poem!! Merry X-mas and Happy Holidays to all!!

Truly excellent literature. Absolutely.

Happy holidays to all.

The poet laureate of the BB AND he EXTRAPOLATES TOO! Merry Merry to all and to all a great holiday!

YOU ARE THE BEST

LOL! Flash - I do indeed have a job! I am in fact supposed to be logging drillcore samples of diotomaceous earth from Baha, CA with an eye to examine the cyclical patterns of diatoms in order to extrapolate what the paleo-environment used to be. Then I get to make funky graphs and pie charts!

Thanks Robby! (now you know why I haven’t email you!)

My dear ErinB, so sorry to have forgotten your stanza:

Dashing through the snow, on their happy ponies back
Becca and ErinB ride,Laughing all the time,
Over the fields they go, racing in the wind
Oh what fun it is to be a rider in the snow! Hay!