Unlimited access >

A Mistake I Made That Saved My Boss's Life

So, I’ve been an exec assistant for 10 years now. In the DC biz community, I am known as the Killer Assistant because I do a great job (according to them). I never make any major mistakes…am always on the ball.

Well, amazingly, I was supposed to send my boss to a conference in LA. But because there were a bunch of other conferences with the same company name organizing them, I got them confused. One was canceled and I accidentally took the wrong one off of his calendar, the one where he was supposed to speak in LA yesterday.

I would have put him on that flight out of Dulles to LA. In 10 years, I have never, ever made that kind of a mistake. It was a lucky fluke.

He has a wife and two kids with a third new baby.

Eerie.

Thank God! I always believe things like this happen for a reason…What a story…thanks for sharing it with us.

Betsy
Lead, follow, or get out of the way…

Goosebumps…

SLW

That is surreal. These stories are popping up everywhere. I’m so glad for you and your bosses family. Somebody was watching over you.
Unfortunately we will start hearing about those people that got their bosses on the plane “at the last minute.” Even though it isnt their fault, can you imagine the guilt?
Its time to support EVERYBODY…
FW

Who can contest all things happen for some reason? Some are harder to understand than others, but this kind of “miracle” renews my faith.

“The older I get, the better I used to be.”

How eerie. A friend’s of ours neighbor’s son was supposed to be on the flight out of Boston that hit one of the towers. But his secretary accidently didn’t book the flight, so the airport put him on a Delta flight instead. They were grounded in Chicago, where a bomb was discovered on the plane. How creepy!

“Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow.”

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Small Change:
What did your boss have to say?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
He said, “You know what? You saved my life.” And then all day long was teasing me and saying, “Can I get you anything?” I said, “A new car would be nice.”

Should I have asked for a horse and maybe a truck and trailer?

I believe some things happen for a reason too. I always like to think my mommy has a hand in some of the things that turn out good for me…she’s no longer with us but I always say to people, “Oh, it’ll all work out…I know someone on God’s staff up there.”

My Uncle and my Dad were supposed to be on that flight…

Things happened that made them not get on …I have never been very religious but something was working its power.

Mary

Feel the rhythem, feel the ride, get on up its horseshow time!!!

Wow!

Wow-Kudos to you!

“Whoever said the Perfection isn’t attainable, Hasn’t met a horse.”

Stories like this remind me that somewhere there is someone watching over us.

My friends dad was had a meeting in one of the twin towers yesterday morning. He got out of his cab, looked up and saw the first plane hit…he was 15 minutes late for his meeting. He was supposed to be inside already.

like you are still the perfect assistant!!!
Guardian angels were watching over you on that one.

So, I’ve been an exec assistant for 10 years now. In the DC biz community, I am known as the Killer Assistant because I do a great job (according to them). I never make any major mistakes…am always on the ball.

Well, amazingly, I was supposed to send my boss to a conference in LA. But because there were a bunch of other conferences with the same company name organizing them, I got them confused. One was canceled and I accidentally took the wrong one off of his calendar, the one where he was supposed to speak in LA yesterday.

I would have put him on that flight out of Dulles to LA. In 10 years, I have never, ever made that kind of a mistake. It was a lucky fluke.

He has a wife and two kids with a third new baby.

Eerie.

What did your boss have to say?

Years ago when I was in grade school I had a teacher who’s parents were vacationing in Europe. They over slept & missed their train, it ended up being a huge accident that was all over the news. The next week they were bumped off their flight home, it ended up being the hijacked flight that crashed in Europe can’t remember the exact place. I am a try beliver in that when it’s your time it’s your time & if not fate sees to it that you stay safe.

OMG, Anyplace!!! That is definitely weird beyond words.

WOW!!! Guardian Angels are everywhere!!! I am convinced of that! My brother in law a pilot for American was scheduled to fly from Boston yesterday morning but the storms from the other night had him stuck in Texas. He might have been the pilot on one of those flights.

My friend from work’s husband works on the 100th floor in the WTC and he had called in sick to work that morning.!

YOUR BOSS NEEDS TO GIVE YOU A RAISE OR A NICE HEFTY BONUS!!!

Barb

My uncle worked in the WTC, strangely enough yesterday his train was late. By the time he got to the subway to get to work, it was completely full. So he decided rather than stuff himself in like a sardine, he would take the next subway since he was already late. He got to the building and was about to walk in the door when the first plane hit. I have to agree with everyone who’s said that everything happens for a reason. I’ve never been very religious, but I’m starting to think I should be…

Ah, the Hand of Fate working through you!

“Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America”