a proud announcement!

a bit here a little more there and eventually it all adds up…

The legal paperwork is filed, t’s crossed, i’s dotted. We will file our 501c3 soon. 10 years in the making with mistakes made and lessons learned I am happy to announce…Our program officially launching as Borrowed Freedom Equine Therapies and Activities!

visit us on the web at www.borrowedfreedom.org

I also want to thank some special people, my dear friends Wendi (Dressage Geek Ribbon 'Ho) and Jean (classicsporthorses). The input they have given me is invaluable. I am so grateful to have these two incredible people on the team as we grow and grow.

I am blessed.

Please join us on Facebook too! (so far there is just me and I am lonely lol!)

Proud to be part of this!!!

That is awesome, Colleen!!

Perfect! And you can use SPROUTS for the kids’ program :smiley:

Wow!!! I am so impressed, you all have done some truly amazing work with this program!

I really enjoyed reading about it on your site, and am looking forward hearing more about this program in the future.

[QUOTE=ChocoMare;4467928]
Perfect! And you can use SPROUTS for the kids’ program :D[/QUOTE]

yes ma’am! I am so excited for spring for that! We have had a tremendous response to our initial outreach. The children and parents loved the idea.

We are going to integrate the agricultural aspects of the program with the Sensory Trail. That way the kids can use all their senses while they explore, in addition to the other goals for the students being met by the actual building, planning and maintenance. It is a win-win and a awesome family centered activity.

[QUOTE=DressageGeek “Ribbon Ho”;4467836]
Proud to be part of this!!![/QUOTE]

We are proud to have you! :smiley:

[QUOTE=Lori T;4467840]
That is awesome, Colleen!![/QUOTE]

Lori I got Lady’s pic yesterday and your newsletter…I love that you have the therapy programs going on now. So many of these horses in need are tailor made for helping. :sadsmile:

[QUOTE=Twigster;4469209]
Wow!!! I am so impressed, you all have done some truly amazing work with this program!

I really enjoyed reading about it on your site, and am looking forward hearing more about this program in the future.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Twigster! It is in its infancy, but we confidant that it will grow successfully and quickly. We already have a wait list for programs, so that gives us incentive to work hard. :slight_smile:

Awesome program.:cool:

I am jealous.:wink: And proud of that great work by you and your helpers.:yes:
Here we are just doing the basics and glad to even be able to do that.
Some day we too may find some organizer that may have the big ideas and the know how to get there, as you did.

Godspeed to your program.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Bluey;4469433]
Awesome program.:cool:

I am jealous.:wink: And proud of that great work by you and your helpers.:yes:
Here we are just doing the basics and glad to even be able to do that.
Some day we too may find some organizer that may have the big ideas and the know how to get there, as you did.

Godspeed to your program.:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bluey.

We are actually very small, but that will change in 2010. This year the planets aligned and luck sprinkled down on me. I found all the right people and all the right places. It’s a good thing :slight_smile:

I love sharing ideas with others doing this, it really helps! feel free to get in touch!

Yahoo!!!

Colleen and Wendi, I am absolutely beyond thrilled for you guys and those you will be able to help. You have accomplished something very special and I wish you the best of luck :slight_smile:

Oh, I’m really the small potatoes here! This is Colleen’s dream, I am so glad it is coming to fruition! But we see how much horses - especially those often considered washed up, unrideable, abandoned - can be absolutely incredible therapy horses, whether in the saddle, on the ground, or behind a cart - or any combination. Lori T of Heartland Horse Rescue is also starting up a therapy program with her minis. We see this as a win-win: the rescues and fosters win, because horses can move on and find homes where they are needed, and valued, and the therapy groups win because they have incredible equines that help them serve the needs of their students.

What a great name! Good luck to you.

Finally got around to checking out the Special Horses and your Borrowed Freedom sites. Would like to say you have done 2 amazing sites! Great job with both organizations!

Wish my local therapeutic group was this organized (if its still running??!)

P.

Thank you!!