Unlimited access >

Abler update

[QUOTE=wildlifer;8191330]
Because unfortunately, multiple independent studies (for anyone who wants citations, I’m tired, you can use Google too) discovered that there is an enormously inconsistent amount of omeprazole in this product. [/QUOTE]

There are no “multiple independent studies” of Abler products.

The only “study” was in the form of a warning letter to Abler from the FDA. The letter stated that the FDA had tested samples of the AbGard product (this is a paste, not the “pop rocks”) and found it was slightly more potent than what was claimed on the label.

Yes, there were tests in multiple labs/vet research facilities, Google Scholar has Veterinary Research journals too… I have no vested interest other than my own personal distaste for misinformation. I have a ridiculously small state salary & generally an empty pantry. I’ll buy epsom salts at the Dollar Tree all day long & make hoof boots out of duct tape. I’m definitely not the kind of person married to any particular product – I’m a scientist & explore all my resources & then review the data (marketing goes straight in the BS bin, even on products I like).

Your horse, your decision. But I still share the information for future readers & like I said, feel free to google away, it’s way past my bedtime.

[QUOTE=wildlifer;8201067]
Yes, there were tests in multiple labs/vet research facilities, Google Scholar has Veterinary Research journals too… I have no vested interest other than my own personal distaste for misinformation. [/QUOTE]

Same here, which is why I’m calling you out to provide sources for your claim - I do not believe there are any studies on Abler products other than tests by the FDA. I do know there have been some studies on other generic omeprazole products, but not on Abler products.

If you can provide a source for these independent studies on Abler products, I am very interested to see it.

Uh, there’s nothing of the sort on Google Scholar. Three article pop:

<a href="http://“http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/evj.12191/abstract?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false”>A comparison of two doses of omeprazole in the treatment of equine gastric ulcer syndrome: A blinded, randomised, clinical trial

A comparison between pre- and post exercise administration of omeprazole in the treatment of equine gastric ulcer syndrome: A blinded, randomised, clinical trial

Pharmacokinetics and bioequivalence testing of five commercial formulations of omeprazole in the horse

All by Sykes. All using omeprazole donated by Abler. None evaluating the consistency of the amount of omeprazole in the Abler products.