Unlimited access >

Adequan Bucket Lid

You know the green buckets that Adequan gives away? I’m trying to find a lid that fits it. Has anyone else found a lid that fits it? I checked the local hardware stores, the standard 5 gallon lid is too big and the 2 gallon lid is too small. Help!

How much does it hold? That should point you in the right direction.

I’m not entirely sure, but I think it’s 2 gallons. But based on my web search, apparently that’s not a standard size…

Two gallons is definitely a standard size:

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=126981&catid=752

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-9941GR/Pails/Plastic-Pail-2-Gallon-Green

But you’ve tried a two gallon lid & it was too small?

Adequan isn’t having buckets custom manufactured, they’re just putting their logo on something that’s available in bulk. The color looks to line up well to that green one?

Which 2 gallon lid did you try that didn’t work?

I just grabbed one from Home Depot. I just want to keep the mice out of of my stuff at the barn. I really didn’t think it would be that big a deal. The one from home depot is 9.5 inches wide, that one from Uline says it’s 9 13/16. That’s what I meant by 2 gallon buckets not being a standard size. 2 gallons is standard, but the bucket dimensions are not standard. I need to bring a tape measure to the barn tomorrow.

Hopefully the u line lid is what you need! :slight_smile:

Fingers crossed!

Adequan gives away buckets? I want one. I just ordered some Adequan. Dang.

1 Like

There are a couple different, common 2 gallon buckets. I have a couple of each from different supplements. Check with the bakery department at your grocery store, they get stuff in that size bucket as well.

1 Like

Go to Rolex! So many free buckets

2 Likes

Rolex is on my (wait for it) bucket list! Ha!

4 Likes

My husband had a fit when I made him stand in line for “a bucket.”

Then one day all my buckets were missing. Where did they go? My husband stole all of them and claims they are the perfect size for everything.

Grrrrrrrr

3 Likes

This website has lid specifications if you click on the more information/specifications links.

Thanks everyone! I’m heading to the barn later today and will measure more accurately then I did last time! @RhythmNCruise my vet does continue education nights for clients. They usually get one of the pharma companies to send a speaker and freebies. I am now in possession of a few Adequan labeled buckets, hoof picks and sharpies! I’m a sucker for freebies! If/when I find the right size I’ll let you all know. Who knew there were so many sizes of 2 gallon buckets!

2 Likes

Good luck in your lid search.
I’m going to be pestering my vet about Adequan buckets now. One can never have too many buckets and that’s a nice size to have.

A screw on lid is handy:

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-20537/Pails/Gamma-Seal-Lid-for-2-Gallon-Plastic-Pail-White?pricode=WB0549&gadtype=pla&id=S-20537&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAzJOtBhALEiwAtwj8tiObwEdo09UQM6iwUvEeFh953xgPj8hnPQwNtx2EwFFny4oWF9iKiBoC1YUQAvD_BwE