Unlimited access >

Advice Please. . . What do you want to see in your mobile tack shop?

[QUOTE=MidnightWriter;8204937]
All the repair/replacement items others have already mentioned.

I also like the idea of human first-aid items, just make sure it is legal for you to buy that sort of stuff for resale since presumably you do not get it from your supplier but from another retailer.

The gift shop at my friend’s retirement home buys from a local retailer to resell at a small markup and we both wonder about the legality of that! Convenience for those who can’t get out to the local stores, but which is the greater good?[/QUOTE]

That’s a good point, I didn’t think of that. Blah!

hanging bridle and saddle racks that fit onto the stall fronts at shows. Was at a show a couple of weeks back and saw one across the aisle, went to the tack vendor, and she had sold the last one. Definitely gonna get me one of those. I believe it would hold two saddles.

MidnightWriter and ybiaw

As far as snacks, I was more thinking fruit and granola bars, but they would be complimentary. I won’t have a big selection, but it’s better than nothing and will hopefully leave a good impression. I’m planning on sampling horse treats as well

Pennywell Bay we will be attending hunter/jumper shows, as well as dressage shows and events. I’m also going on an adventure to an AQHA show, which I’m sure will be eye opening for me, but I’m excited! As much as I would love to follow the “AA” circuit, not having a semi really limits what we can bring etc. We are starting small and moving up!

One Two Three I agree with not bringing the most expensive things! I am the queen of price comparison and hunting for a good deal, and I don’t want our customers to feel like we’re gouging them at all! I get why they take the expensive stuff with them to shows, because space is money, but at the same time, in my mind at least, it is better to sell something than nothing, and around here if all of our stock was super expensive, I don’t think we would have any shoppers at all.

Thank you all for all your help! I’m excited to hit the road this weekend and see how it goes!

[QUOTE=IndyEquestrian;8205189]
MidnightWriter and ybiaw

As far as snacks, I was more thinking fruit and granola bars, but they would be complimentary. I won’t have a big selection, but it’s better than nothing and will hopefully leave a good impression. I’m planning on sampling horse treats as well

Pennywell Bay we will be attending hunter/jumper shows, as well as dressage shows and events. I’m also going on an adventure to an AQHA show, which I’m sure will be eye opening for me, but I’m excited! As much as I would love to follow the “AA” circuit, not having a semi really limits what we can bring etc. We are starting small and moving up!

One Two Three I agree with not bringing the most expensive things! I am the queen of price comparison and hunting for a good deal, and I don’t want our customers to feel like we’re gouging them at all! I get why they take the expensive stuff with them to shows, because space is money, but at the same time, in my mind at least, it is better to sell something than nothing, and around here if all of our stock was super expensive, I don’t think we would have any shoppers at all.

Thank you all for all your help! I’m excited to hit the road this weekend and see how it goes![/QUOTE]

Or Free With Purchase! :slight_smile: Love the complimentary granola bars and fruit idea. You could put a bowl of apples and bananas (and carrots! AND PEPPERMINTS!!!) out on a table. :slight_smile:

Reasonably priced breeches that can be used for daily schooling (yeah, no, I’m not riding in my high dollar whites at home).

A nice selection of saddle pads (I visited both mobile shops at a recent show looking for dressage pads I could use at home and found nothing. Granted I was looking for a specific size/thickness but, really, how hard is it to bring along some large size Classics with an accommodation for a horse actually having withers.).

How about helmets at reasonable prices? Again, I’m more interested in something I can ride in every day and also use as a show helmet. So, no, not spending a fortune, here, but also not necessarily going for the $40.00 Troxel IF you show me an alternative.

I also like to see a good display of bridles and bits, as well as polos and boots (for horses).

AND books!!! (I love books. Bring one that’s not already on my shelf and I’ll buy it!)

Pony sized halters.

Studs and things you need related to studs, like those cotton plug thingies you stick in the holes.